As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Change patterns on other machines with Octatrack? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Change patterns on other machines with Octatrack?
Boo
Re:Change patterns on other machines with Octatrack? 12 Years, 3 Months ago
hey,

I know this is a pretty old thread but just wondering if ppl have managed to get the OT to act as "Master" and successfully change/control patterns on the "slaved" MD and MNM with new OS 1.1??

I have it working fine for the MD - changing patterns on the OT fires a midi map note to cue up the next MD pattern. All works fine and timing of MD pattern is rock solid against the OT.

However for the MNM - I've set up a Multi Map and tried the method as described by @SCRAG which works, however the timing of the audio coming from the MNM pattern is very loose compared to the OT. It seems that there is no equivalent of the MD pattern "CUE" function, and each time the OT re-triggers the MNM pattern on step 1 there is a tiny delay which makes the timing of the MNM sound really sloppy against the OT. If i disable the multi map trigs and just slave the MNM to the OT via midi the timing is rock solid again..

If anyone has managed to get this working successfully i'd be keen to hear about your setup etc...

I really hope Elektron implement something in a coming OT OS update to make the integration of the 3 machines a lot smoother...
  The topic has been locked.
i don't have a MNM, but if you enable program change send in the new OT OS, then the MD will follow pattern/bank changes on the OT perfectly, without any addtional programming.
Boo
Cool, I'll definitely check that out when i get home. I hope it's as simple as that...
Cappy
Re:Change patterns on other machines with Octatrack? 12 Years ago
it would had been cool if p-lock coudl be used for prog-change.. some devices uses CC-32 as prog-change.. mostly effects what i know.. my kurzweil romour for example uses CC-32 for prog-change..
Goomba
Agreed about the p-locking program changes. This would be ideal for my, my live rig is an octatrack and a blofeld.

I asked support about it a couple of months ago, and they indicated they had no plans for changing:
"This functionality will likely stay the same in coming OS updates as well."

Would be brilliant for anyone using other hardware (other than the trinity) though.
Cappy
there is a solution.. a bit pricey but can do alot more then that also..

http://www.thomann.de/gb/midi_solutions_event_processor.htm
Cappy
i can se one of these babys on the input of every midi-device i have..
Goomba
Yes indeed - I already use one of those (Midi Solutions Event Processor Plus) in another rig, and I can vouch it is powerful and works very well. Overkill for this task perhaps, but it could map a cc to program change in it's sleep.

But for a clean live rig I'm currently using the 'one program change per part' that already exists and my hands for the rest, planning to hang onto that as long as possible.
Cappy
Octatrack (Newbie)
DSI Tempest
DSI Mopho Keyboard
Moog Little Phatty SEII
Nord Lead 2X Rack
Yamaha DX7
Yamaha DX21
Maschine
Ableton
Logic
Re:Change patterns on other machines with Octatrack? 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Been searching through the forum & this seems to be the most appropriate topic.

Basically I want to know if it is possible to change the program information on another synth from Octatrack. I keep hand written notes of what preset I am using on different synths, but would love it if the OT could just remember them all.

For example, Bank 1 Pattern 1, would send my Mopho synth a message to change to preset 1 mellow bass, then Bank 1 Pattern 2, would send Mopho a message to change to preset 2 smooth bass (for example).

Is this possible?
Goomba
Re:Change patterns on other machines with Octatrack? 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Would also be interested in that. I've only scratched the surface with the Octatrack, espeicially the MIDI side of things, but I do know that its possible to make bank and program selections from the Octatrack on my Mopho. I presume there is a way to lock in program changes in the manner you wish.
Go to top Post Reply