As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Change patterns on other machines with Octatrack? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Change patterns on other machines with Octatrack?
Admin
Re:Change patterns on other machines with Octatrack? 12 Years, 10 Months ago
Wow, thanks for that Scragg - otherwise it sounds like a great workaround

I have it halfway set up, but I need to reconfigure for the trigging part.
  The topic has been locked.
Re:Change patterns on other machines with Octatrack? 12 Years, 8 Months ago
@ scrag:

I have set up the OT and MnM like you have written in your description. At first, if the note length is 1/16 on the OT midi Track than the MnM pattern plays some hits and release very quickly. I have to set it to INF for the MnM to play it´s full sequence.

But my much bigger problem is, the MnM don´t play in time, it´s some ms off...what have i done wrong? i can´t find a solution...
Admin
My best advice is to slave the MNM to OT if you haven't already. From what I can work out, it sounds like you are slaving the OT and using the MNM as master.

The OT note length makes no difference the sequence or timing of a pattern, it just controls the length of the arpeggiator sequence, or the notes on that track if the ARP mode is set to off.

You're machines shouldn't be out of sync, Elektron's are very tight, unless you have a real hardware fault.

If they are, it can only be one of a few things (I apologise if these are very obvious to you) but -

Make sure the OT is sending MIDI SYNC OUT, and the MNM is set to recieve MIDI SYNC IN.

Make sure there isn't a SWING value set on either machine that is causing an offset feel to the timing, and of course that both patters on either machines are the same length in steps.
Thanks for the quick reply m8!

The Ot is already master and the MnM is slave. They stay in sync when i hit start on the octa. But if i set up the octa to send midi to the MnM like you have written in this post it´s out of sync.

Both Pattern have the same length and swing settings.

And with the length parameter on the OT i can set how long the MnM pattern should play!

And if i chain them together using Program Change via Midi Track on the Octa they they stay in sync but the problem here is the MnM change to the next Pattern after playing another cycle of it´s sequence...

ooohh, all strange here today....everyday
Admin
And with the length parameter on the OT i can set how long the MnM pattern should play!

Weird! I'll have to try that later : ) I thought it just controlled note length.

Again, you probably checked this already, but I assume all your scale settings are equal on both machines?

Other than that, maybe your midi cable is not transmitting data correctly - maybe try another/newer cable?
Scales are the same on both machines!

Kabel, hmm, i don´t think so, the Midi clock and start/stop are transmitted great... hmm, i´ll test it now...
No luck with other cable... and no other idea to test now...
So, it seems like the Multi Trig and Multi ENV affected the Sequence in the wrong way. Multi Trig mode have to be on SEQ STRT to get it working and the Multi Env have to be "full open"...

Ha, got my Smiling back again
Re:Change patterns on other machines with Octatrack? 12 Years, 7 Months ago
maass wrote:

And if i chain them together using Program Change via Midi Track on the Octa they they stay in sync but the problem here is the MnM change to the next Pattern after playing another cycle of it´s sequence...

this is a problem when syncing the MD to the OT. i contacted support who said the MD respondes to the pattern change messages too late, and that they will update the firmware to fix. hope so!
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
Re:Change patterns on other machines with Octatrack? 12 Years, 7 Months ago
HI

got a question about the OT

how do you put of the pattern change with midi notes ?
because my mm is receiving pattern change data thru the midi from the OT , if I play different patterns on the Ot the mm doesn't change any pattern,as it should
even have program change send on off but jet it just skips to the same pattern C11 on the MM ? maybe this midi notes mapping doing this ?hope you can help thankz tjebbe
Go to top Post Reply