As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Elektron says trade in your MD MKI (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Elektron says trade in your MD MKI
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Elektron says trade in your MD MKI 12 Years, 10 Months ago
  The topic has been locked.
Re:Elektron says trade in your MD MKI 12 Years, 10 Months ago
ye it is a very nice day and a nice way to celebrate, but i found it a bit expensive

Worth it though! priceless machines these are...
Chain Chomp
wow. this is a terrible 'deal'. you can get the machines used at these prices and keep your existing ones. better to just sell your used unit on ebay and buy new. what are they thinking?
Cappy
hmm... I wonder what the reasoning is. I'm really hoping that this is somehow related to a mk3 or at least revised OS that has the improved sequencer (microtiming, individual track lengths) of the octatrack.

I'm sorry for stirring up speculation again but I don't really understand why the infamous poster ( http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=112013&catid=9&limit=10&limitstart=0 ) would say "2011: ?" rather than "201x: ?" or "20xx: ?" or similar unless there really is something else coming this year.

Put it this way: if they knew for sure that they weren't planning on releasing something new in 2011, why would they then choose to label the mystery box as 2011?
Hammer Bro
MDUW+MkII
MnM60MkII
OT
A4
Airbase99
JV1080
VirusTI2
Minibrute
Space
TimeFactor
Or they are just trying to find ways to increase their profit margin ... I don't think the Octa is selling as well as they though it would, not to be a neigh sayer.

:Lars:
King Koopa
trade ins are usually a way to help combat the 2nd hand market for a product. if 2nd hand mrki's get bought back and decommissioned then more users future purchases will be of new gear rather then 2nd hand kit.

avid does this all the time. Want a protools system update? send us your old hardware so that it doesn't end up on ebay.

Not a bad idea, it's hard to stay in business if everyone buys your products used.
on an unrelated note, any ideas what that picture is of? looks like a prototype Machinedrum maybe? looks waaaay cool!
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
Uh oh! Really hoping that there will be a few MDUW MKIs still floating around later, if I don't manage to get ahold of a UW MKII some time soon. Thought it was kind of cool for Elektron to do this, especially since the company is so small & passionate.

I'd gladly trade up my MD SPS-1 MKII for a MDUW MKI. Elektron, please lemme do that!
Admin
TrondC wrote:
on an unrelated note, any ideas what that picture is of? looks like a prototype Machinedrum maybe? looks waaaay cool!

It's one of the proposed concepts for the original MD. It's pictured in the 2001 MD sales brochure.

I think this is as far as a celebration of the MD goes. I understand that they need to make money, but...

@Lars; the Octatrack has sold more in a few months than the mk1 MOnomachine did in its entire life
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
The only way this is a good deal is if you trade in a MD MKI that's absolutely KAPUT!
Go to top Post Reply