As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Guitar/Piano Notes (MDUW) (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Guitar/Piano Notes (MDUW)
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
Guitar/Piano Notes (MDUW) 12 Years, 9 Months ago
Yo!

I'm on a quest for an "all-in-one" type of thing and am curious about how the MDUW handles melodic samples. What is the octave range of the "pitch" parameter exactly? Say if I sample a "C2" piano note...

Either way! I'm curious to see what a MDUW can do to a guitar, trumpet and the like. Haven't been able to find any good videos/soundfiles out there... talkin' straight guitar + MDUW wankery. The one I've found on YouTube doesn't show me anything really, still want to see more in the way of the UW's sampling abilities. Not the OT, I understand. Gritty & 12-bit, I totally understand.
  The topic has been locked.
Re:Guitar/Piano Notes (MDUW) 12 Years, 9 Months ago
Hey Rubix.

The pitch range must be -64 to 64 or so. Considering every 3 steps is a semitones, you have like 42 semitones or 3 and half octaves. BUT it is a straight forward pitch-shifting so the formants are cartooney very quickly.

If you want to hear some guitar-UW interaction, you can listen to my soundcloud set Strings & Trigs.

Especially Heure d'été where I ran exclusively RAMREC and RAMPLAY machines, improvising guitar through a SansAmp into the UW inputs, and tweaking here and there. I remember a RAMREC machine with CUE1 up was automated so that it sounds kind of like a phaser -LFO on EQ parameter.

7am-10pm is more "prepared": a simple beat, some patterns including RAMREC and RAMPLAY trigs. Thus some guitar fragments were willingly used for some pads, bass or FX tracks.

Ne rentre pas les mains vides only interesting part for you is the little rythmic sample.

C'est bientôt fini is more experimental soundwise.

Oh, you may want to know that everything is recorded from the UW outputs. It's like my final mixer.
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
Listening to your stuff now! Appreciate you dropping the link.

I figure the best way to go abouts this is to sample a few notes, from there a lil' pitch shift won't hurt too much. Pretty sure I'll load up a few and be in a candy shop of sound possibilities. REALLY excited to be able to jam out with my guitar playin' buddy, using this thing to catch loops and allow him to dub over them. Trying to merge the acoustic & electronic realms and the UW (and OT) seem perfect for this bit.

Great sounds so far, by the way!
RubixGroove wrote:
Trying to merge the acoustic & electronic realms
THAT!!

RubixGroove wrote:
Great sounds so far, by the way!

Thanks!
Go to top Post Reply