As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Interest in OT science lab...? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Interest in OT science lab...?
Re:Interest in OT science lab...? 13 Years ago
either way Neil,

It sounded fat!
  The topic has been locked.
had a go with the samples on my break time, not a success but it was fun
Boo
I keep wanting to listen to neil's due to the responses, but yet I don't want to influence myself in any way
I'm going to do another one anyway so

Have a listen, you'll love how I made the wurlitzer chords out of the 808 conga.

Hammer Bro
I tried my hand yesterday too, and just to be more restraining, I initially challenged myself to make my submission out of only one of those samples.

I had something funky going on from just the conga (bass, drums and synthy thing and all!), then I accidently hit function + cue (reload) and lost everyhting... GRRR...

So I tried with another sample ("toodle" I think) and couldn't help myself but to bring out the conga too. I guess it will be 2 samples from me! I already see the benefits of being restrained to the minimum: I tried some things and got some ideas I probably wouldn't have otherwise.
Jims computer beats wrote:

I had something funky going on from just the conga (bass, drums and synthy thing and all!), then I accidently hit function + cue (reload) and lost everyhting... GRRR...

This is something which needs to have an UNDO function - just like on MD and MNM - An UNDO selection on the PART listing...

Most of the OT users have only memories left of their lost beats...
I think the 808 conga is THE most usable sample in the world.

I'm not even joking.

Cappy
Here's my contribution:

http://snd.sc/hIRStB

I was going to do it a bit differently, but seconds after recording this take live, I erased one of the important tracks, and lost the ability to undo it.

Anyway:
T1: Conga
T2&3: Spingle
T4: Croaker
T5: Conga
T6&7: Recorders
See - 808 conga! Super Sample!

I like what you've done with the vocal samples there. I was going down that route myself but I ended up trashing it because I ended up approaching the vocals in exactly the same way I'd done the other samples and I got bored. Kind of wish I'd stuck with it now as I like how you can still partly recognise that there's vocals in there.

Oh well - onwards and upwards!
Boo
neilbaldwin wrote:
I'm going to do another one anyway so

Have a listen, you'll love how I made the wurlitzer chords out of the 808 conga.

that's a definite +1
Go to top Post Reply