As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Interest in OT science lab...? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Interest in OT science lab...?
Hammer Bro
Re:Interest in OT science lab...? 13 Years, 1 Month ago
Surely we should be able to use all the functionality offered by the OT apart from sampling from an external source?
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
Jims computer beats wrote:
Unless there's something I don't understand, can't you trim the sample in the OT's sample editor?

Yea sure,but good luck on material with no solid percussive hit on the first beat. Can also set the trig offsets to -5/96? but then your first trig is missed when changing patterns.

So resampling, limited resampling or no resampling?
Hammer Bro
gurulogic wrote:
Jims computer beats wrote:
Unless there's something I don't understand, can't you trim the sample in the OT's sample editor?

Yea sure,but good luck on material with no solid percussive hit on the first beat. Can also set the trig offsets to -5/96? but then your first trig is missed when changing patterns.

So resampling, limited resampling or no resampling?

I think we shouldn't be able to resample...

And to continue the off-topic discussion about the trimming, you can hear the results of your trim by pressing "cue". This combined with snap to zero-crossing point (hold function while moving the start/loop/end point), you should be able to trim your sample quite easily even without having percussive sounds. You can also zoom on the wave horizontally and vertically to better see where the waveform starts. So far it hasn't been a problem here...
Can we submit multiple entries?
I guess we should put only one entry, and share the rest
But....but....but I've already done one. This is massive fun!
yeap! Cant wait to get home!!!
Yoshi
whooooooosh

lamonddesign

lamonddesign@gmail.com
neilbaldwin wrote:
Cool. I'm in if I can find the time.

neilbaldwin wrote:
But....but....but I've already done one. This is massive fun!

hehehehehe you make me lauigh neil

cheers ross
GYS
Game & Watch
Do dumb shit with glow sticks.
www.soundcloud.com/gys
www.virb.com/gys
papertiger wrote:

There are six samples total, all short (one is perhaps 2 seconds?). Hopefully there is enough variety to keep people happy but without eliminating the challenge factor that is part of the Science Lab tradition. The samples were tested and work fine with OS 0.99E.

big shoutout to Gys for direct inadvertent help!

Thanks for the props, PT. I'm psyched to hear what all of you come up with.

FWIW, I'm compiling a new sample pack for EU soon. Kind of a follow up to my vinyl clicks and pops, but derived from a random recording script I collaborated on a while back. Lots of weird short glitchy things that I've found incredibly useful!
Admin
GYS wrote:
FWIW, I'm compiling a new sample pack for EU soon. Kind of a follow up to my vinyl clicks and pops, but derived from a random recording script I collaborated on a while back. Lots of weird short glitchy things that I've found incredibly useful!

I came up with some interesting stuff using exclusively your "snippet sample pack" last year. I love the idea of using "random" snippets to create new sounds.
Go to top Post Reply