As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Interest in OT science lab...? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Interest in OT science lab...?
Admin
Re:Interest in OT science lab...? 13 Years, 1 Month ago
glaive wrote:
In. Very small sample set please.

agreed.
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
actuel wrote:
glaive wrote:

agreed.

+ 1 (zillion).

I would also add, short samples. It must be restraining enough so that people have to dig and be creative with near nothing, I think... A good way to explore the OT deeper.
Chain Chomp
darenager wrote:
I propose 8 sounds:

808 conga
white noise
a piano note
4 seconds of random scanning thru an fm radio
a sine wave
a ruler being pinged on a desk
an electric motor sound
running water

How about that?

you already made some tracks just using, unfair

i´d be in.
Hammer Bro
seems that my machine will be back in time

i think that there's toomuch samples
the motor and the water would be enough for me

richard devine have a recording underwater on his soundcloud, it could be really cool to use an extract of it
http://soundcloud.com/richarddevine/hydrophone-lav-recording-of-1000-maggots-in-sticky-wet-mud
Hammer Bro
glaive wrote:

We have been limited with the md during long time and you still want to use small sample !!!

edhit: ohh ihaven't read well, ok for a small set
Game & Watch
Bathrobe wrote:
darenager wrote:
I propose 8 sounds:

808 conga
white noise
a piano note
4 seconds of random scanning thru an fm radio
a sine wave
a ruler being pinged on a desk
an electric motor sound
running water

How about that?

you already made some tracks just using, unfair

i´d be in.

haha, cheeky! I actually have not used my OT for 3 or 4 weeks
Admin
Sorry for the delay, but the sample pack for OT Science Lab #1 can be downloaded HERE.

There are six samples total, all short (one is perhaps 2 seconds?). Hopefully there is enough variety to keep people happy but without eliminating the challenge factor that is part of the Science Lab tradition. The samples were tested and work fine with OS 0.99E.

big shoutout to Gys for direct inadvertent help!

Let's make the deadline APRIL 10, 2011. Hopefully that will give people enough time to participate.

As in the past, here are the rules:

OT AND SAMPLE PACK SAMPLES ONLY! No other hardware, software, or samples are allowed; no overdubbing or postproduction is permitted. Entries should be at least 1 min. long. Software may ONLY be used to record your song.

More info on where to post/send mp3s the closer we get to the deadline (and also because I need to ask actuel)

Go!

M
Killer Beez
Thanks, this should be fun!

Presuming that internal resampling is permitted, do we make an exception to allow external editing of resampled audio files to trim off the first 100ms of audio? For anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about, the 100ms is the latency (according to my measurement) introduced when recording from an internal source on the OT.
Hopefully this bug will be fixed soon anyways..
Yoshi
I was thinking about this and keeping track of resampling is going to be tough - I know people here are not likely to want to "cheat" but constant resampling of the material will make it impossible to identify wether or not the original samples are being used. Would it not be better to ensure that the tracks can be reproduced via sysex by everyone ( not least so that we can learn other peoples tricks). BTW - I'm not even sure whether we can export OT tracks as sysex?

Matthew
Amanita wrote:
I was thinking about this and keeping track of resampling is going to be tough - I know people here are not likely to want to "cheat" but constant resampling of the material will make it impossible to identify wether or not the original samples are being used. Would it not be better to ensure that the tracks can be reproduced via sysex by everyone ( not least so that we can learn other peoples tricks). BTW - I'm not even sure whether we can export OT tracks as sysex?

Matthew

As long as you create a new Set with it's own Project and sample pool, you can easily copy the folder to your computer and ZIP it up. I did it when I was experimenting with multiple waveforms/drums in one sample and shared it on here.
Go to top Post Reply