As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Interest in OT science lab...? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Interest in OT science lab...?
Killer Beez
Re:Interest in OT science lab...? 13 Years ago
no resampling here.. technicly it was " allowed" as stated somewhere in the disorganization that was this science lab. I dunno, a good test run I guess. Maybe next time we should do it all with stunningly easy to work with samples and be allowed to use up to two OT's
  The topic has been locked.
N_Rain wrote:
no resampling here.. technicly it was " allowed" as stated somewhere in the disorganization that was this science lab. I dunno, a good test run I guess. Maybe next time we should do it all with stunningly easy to work with samples and be allowed to use up to two OT's

Ha ha, good point. Nobody mentioned it had to be on a single OT did they?

Time to get out the credit card and WIN this motherfucker!

Game & Watch
N_Rain wrote:
Maybe next time we should do it all with stunningly easy to work with samples and be allowed to use up to two OT's

Ooooh

Maybe next time we could just all have to use one sampled loop. Say a bar or two of some well known piece of music and have to do everything with that.
Game & Watch
neilbaldwin wrote:

Coming up this week on Elektron Users : "When Competitiveness Goes Bad"

ipassenger wrote:
neilbaldwin wrote:

Coming up this week on Elektron Users : "When Competitiveness Goes Bad"

I could go further: I'm going to pay Erase to make me a track using OS 0.999

Yeah, Science Lab entry from the FUTURE!
Game & Watch
"...and here we see Neil, so desperate to win he's shoving wads of fifties in Elektrons waistband in hope of getting something a little extra, anything to give him the edge he says he needs. Just pledge £2 a month so that we can help these poor lost souls, like Neil."
ipassenger wrote:
"...and here we see Neil, so desperate to win he's shoving wads of fifties in Elektrons waistband in hope of getting something a little extra, anything to give him the edge he says he needs. Just pledge £2 a month so that we can help these poor lost souls, like Neil."

I just need me one of those X-Factor-style sob stories and I'm going straight to number 1!
Game & Watch
neilbaldwin wrote:

I just need me one of those X-Factor-style sob stories and I'm going straight to number 1!

"Neil came from a humble background, unable to afford the expensive machines of the time, Neil made his own 909 and 808 from a broken quality street tin, chewing gum wrappers, broken bits of lead mined from old TVs and chopped frozen sausage for the dials. When he wasn't caring for people who were just a little bit better off and heathier than he was, he spent his time feeding the local stray dogs his left over frozen sausages."
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
I spent a lot of time on the Lab, but didn't come up with anything that I wanted to share. The most interesting thing that I played with was using the 303 sample to generate single-cycle waveforms to use as the basis of synth drones. I chained two neighbor tracks (1 -> 2 -> 3) into more delays and reverbs and then set up LFOs to animate things. Great sounds, but not really something I wanted to make public.
ipassenger wrote:
neilbaldwin wrote:

"Neil came from a humble background, unable to afford the expensive machines of the time, Neil made his own 909 and 808 from a broken quality street tin, chewing gum wrappers, broken bits of lead mined from old TVs and chopped frozen sausage for the dials. When he wasn't caring for people who were just a little bit better off and heathier than he was, he spent his time feeding the local stray dogs his left over frozen sausages."

And here he is working on his third Science Lab submission:

Go to top Post Reply