As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Interest in OT science lab...? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Interest in OT science lab...?
Killer Beez
Re:Interest in OT science lab...? 13 Years ago
OK, I managed to record a take with only a couple iffy spots
ScienceLab01N Rain{GRU at:

http://soundcloud.com/groups/octatrack-science-lab/tracks

Samples used are:
-conga x 3
-spiingle
-wavescan
-toodle
-303 bite
-croaker

The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
amazing stuff nrain
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
nice stuff everyone

here 's my experimental contribution

conga 3x
1x 303
1x wavescan
1x spiingle
1x croaker

oeps deleted the first test

http://soundcloud.com/storm-op-de-maan/ot-sciencelab-1-test-two-stoma

jdn
King Koopa
here's my science lab version of an atmospheric drum and bass track:

http://soundcloud.com/jdn/110410-01

-jdn
jdn
King Koopa
and no, ipassenger, i didn't cheat and use a breakbeat sample -- it's all sequenced from the science lab bits.
This Science Lab is a bit of a mess because it spanned 3 versions of the OT software. My first track I can't even get to work (not without a lot of effort) and my second one now sounds different on the 0.998 OS. LOL

Plus it was still a bit too vague especially regarding internal sampling. Personally I considered that "against the rules" if you generated any additional samples and then your track relies on them. Your submitted track should be able to be played on anybody's OT with the original 6 samples. But then I'd exclude one of my own submissions there because I 'played' the Patterns to make the recording.

Needs more thought and tighter conditions next time.
Game & Watch
jdn wrote:
and no, ipassenger, i didn't cheat and use a breakbeat sample -- it's all sequenced from the science lab bits.

Hats off to you then sir, brilliant track. I thought at first it was all science lab then your description on soundcloud made me think otherwise. Your clearly a bit of a wizard.
Hammer Bro
jdn wrote:

I'm impressed you got this from those samples, very impressed actually!
ipassenger wrote:
jdn wrote:

Hats off to you then sir, brilliant track. I thought at first it was all science lab then your description on soundcloud made me think otherwise. Your clearly a bit of a wizard.

I like the track a lot. However, using 6 tracks to create the breakbeat which is then internally sampled (and same with the 3-track 303 chord) means additional samples were used, depending on your interpretation of 'the rules'.

That's not a criticism, it just highlights one of the things I think is not quite right with this Science Lab.

Game & Watch
neilbaldwin wrote:
ipassenger wrote:
jdn wrote:

I like the track a lot. However, using 6 tracks to create the breakbeat which is then internally sampled (and same with the 3-track 303 chord) means additional samples were used, depending on your interpretation of 'the rules'.

That's not a criticism, it just highlights one of the things I think is not quite right with this Science Lab.

Yeah i know what your saying. With the octatrack being what it is, it's almost possible to create any sound you need by extensive resampling. I know the deadline has passed but I have only just got back in the studio after a bit of a break so might do a track using these samples anyway.
Go to top Post Reply