As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT tricks
MK7
Killer Beez
Re:OT tricks 13 Years, 2 Months ago
data-line wrote:

ALso, change the scenes while the crossfader is pushed to that scene ))

YES, that's a great one! i noticed it already in your last video.

track button + play? i didn't know that. sounds so simple that one might oversee it, but still very useful and intuitive.
  The topic has been locked.
Also putting the LO-FI effect before the Filter MAKES SOME RIGHT FAT SOUNDS!!!!!!!!
Slice a sample to the same number of trigs on it's track. Put a trig on each step. Use the Creat Linear Locks command. Now you can drop the Amp Hold and Release for stuttering/gating effects.
Hammer Bro
Allerian wrote:
Slice a sample to the same number of trigs on it's track. Put a trig on each step. Use the Creat Linear Locks command. Now you can drop the Amp Hold and Release for stuttering/gating effects.

I'm gonna look into this tonight (and other tricks in this thread too). I don't understand what Create Linear Locks does. (I'm not there yet in the manual ). Anybody care to explain?
Cappy
data-line wrote:
Also putting the LO-FI effect before the Filter MAKES SOME RIGHT FAT SOUNDS!!!!!!!!

Agree! It's like a mini-Biscuit in the OT!
data-line wrote:
pressing track button + play plays the track and pressing stop stops the track

So, yeah this is cool, but now after I did that, the track will not play normally form the playback trig and I can't seem to get it back. I can now only get it ot play if I hit the tr. button and play. Hmmmm.
Thanks for the tips all!
Cappy
Jims computer beats wrote:
Allerian wrote:

I'm gonna look into this tonight (and other tricks in this thread too). I don't understand what Create Linear Locks does. (I'm not there yet in the manual ). Anybody care to explain?

E.g: If you have a 1-bar loop, and slice it into 16 segments and want them to play back in order, you'd have to manually select a trig for slice 1 on step 1, slice 2 on step 2, and so on. Create Linear locks does this automatically. There must be a trig on the steps already, and create linear locks will assign each successive slice to its corresponding trig. So if you have trigs on 1/5/9/13 and create linear locks, the slice p-lock for each of those trigs will be set to the first 4 slices.
dylannau wrote:
data-line wrote:
pressing track button + play plays the track and pressing stop stops the track

So, yeah this is cool, but now after I did that, the track will not play normally form the playback trig and I can't seem to get it back. I can now only get it ot play if I hit the tr. button and play. Hmmmm.
Thanks for the tips all!

That happened to me too. Not sure what did to fix it, pressed Stop then Play a few times and it seemed to fix itself.
Hammer Bro
Nicolai wrote:
Jims computer beats wrote:
Allerian wrote:

E.g: If you have a 1-bar loop, and slice it into 16 segments and want them to play back in order, you'd have to manually select a trig for slice 1 on step 1, slice 2 on step 2, and so on. Create Linear locks does this automatically. There must be a trig on the steps already, and create linear locks will assign each successive slice to its corresponding trig. So if you have trigs on 1/5/9/13 and create linear locks, the slice p-lock for each of those trigs will be set to the first 4 slices.

Thanks for the explanation! Killer feature for sure!!
Nicolai wrote:

So you have to place trigs BEFORE you create linear locks ?
Go to top Post Reply