As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT feature requests
Re:OT feature requests 13 Years, 2 Months ago
Ark - I don't completely follow how scene copying would do what you're saying. If you check my Spinning Wheel YouTube vid, I do what I think you're suggesting. A very complex scene that takes the sample into ethereal ambience and then snaps it right back to normal.

Also, you can use scene muting to more or less replicate func-classic. Then change scenes during the scene mute.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
MIDI realtime sequencing 13 Years, 2 Months ago
"what you play is what you hear"
Goomba
Re: top level overview off all 8 track names 13 Years, 2 Months ago
for live/performance situations it's important to see all track names (sample names) at once at the top level.
Goomba
naming of banks, parts and tracks 13 Years, 2 Months ago
yes, I can't remember numbers
ark
Chain Chomp
Allerian wrote:
Ark - I don't completely follow how scene copying would do what you're saying. If you check my Spinning Wheel YouTube vid, I do what I think you're suggesting. A very complex scene that takes the sample into ethereal ambience and then snaps it right back to normal.

OK, here's what I see as the problem.

At about 1:18 in the video, you start moving the crossfader and the sound gets stretched into oblivion. Very cool! But that worked only because you were able to prepare the B scene in advance.

Now let's assume that you've made a bunch of tweaks in scene A, which is currently in use, and you want to add some additional tweaks to that with the possibility of coming back to where you were. How do you do it? You can't just fade into scene B, because you don't know what is going to change when you go from A to B.

So what I would like to be able to do is this: Take the current scene A, whatever it might be, and copy it somewhere. Let's say I can copy it to whatever scene is currently assigned to B. That will let me start with whatever the current state of scene A is and tweak it, while playing, to my heart's content--and still return to whatever it was at the time I decided to copy it.
Yeah, I follow you. I was just using scenes a bunch and thought it through. Good idea.
Cappy
some lights to show which trigs have scene info written to them and which are blank (only when holding either scene button), the same way it shows for banks/patterns would be nice.
Game & Watch
ark wrote:
So what I would like to be able to do is this: Take the current scene A, whatever it might be, and copy it somewhere. Let's say I can copy it to whatever scene is currently assigned to B. That will let me start with whatever the current state of scene A is and tweak it, while playing, to my heart's content--and still return to whatever it was at the time I decided to copy it.

super cool idea!
ark
Chain Chomp
I think a tiny change in how trigs are set would make it possible to do some rather cool stuff that is not possible at the moment.

Specifically, I would like to suggest that when you set a trig in the sequencer, it does not actually get set until you release the button after pressing it.

Here's why. Suppose I have a trig at beat 1, and I want to introduce a brand new trig at beat 9 at which the machine plays a different sample. Right now, I think the only way to do this is to set a trig, and, while holding the trig button, press the up and down arrow keys to select the new sample. But while I'm doing this, the trig is already set; so until I have selected the sample I want, each time the sequencer comes through the trig, it will retrigger the default sample.

If, however, it didn't set the trig until I released the button, then I could hold the button, select the sample I want, and then release it to set the trig.
OT Beta Team
I would love to see if a track ha content before I unmute it ... I think all eketron machines suffer this issue.
Go to top Post Reply