As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT feature requests
ark
Chain Chomp
Re:OT feature requests 13 Years, 2 Months ago
darenager wrote:
True, but it would be nice to be able to pick the samples from a list, and a bit more convenient
Especially as it would permit you to change one sample without changing the others.
  The topic has been locked.
ark
Chain Chomp
When OT gets its MIDI sequencer, I would love to see a MIDI Learn facility as part of it.

In the MD and MnM sequencers, you can send a particular CC value on a particular MIDI channel, but you have to know what CC and channel to use. I'd like to be able to set it to "Learn" and then move the control on the other device that I want to affect.

Think how useful that would be in using an OT to control an MD or MnM.
Chain Chomp
Glitch.. yawn.
+1
Being able to select patterns with external midi notes?
hello friends. been a while since i have posted. i have read through the features request and their is lots of good things on here. one that i did not notice and which is crucial for me when playing live, which is possible on the MD, is to have the patterns of a specific bank contstantly up. this eliminates a multi button push to change the pattern and can be crucial when playing live and having multiple sequencers running in sync. which leads me to the next feature that im sure will be implemented, but i really need midi sync in enabled so i can finally run this with my live rig, which has an MPC as the master time code.
another is when in the Mixer page, if a track has sequence data (playing) the correcsponding trig button could bling letting you quickly know which to mute. i know the screen shows you the triangle but the image is rather small and once again the quick visual feedback is a must for me.
the realtime recording of plocks has already been mentioned and i feel is should be there as well. also realtime recording of trigs for tapping in a pattern.
a "create a copy" of a sample from the system or load menu. i have loaded a sample into a seperate machine and once i made changes it effected the other track. this is something i havent had much time to test out, so i could be missing something on this. regardless, creating a new copy would be nice without having to load it into a machine and create new sample. not sure if ive made much sense out of this last one as im not totally sure about it myself .
cheers and i will be making an effort to post more as the OT has me wildly excited.
-Andy
Game & Watch
Indepandant levels in mixer for a,b,c,d inputs, rather than just 2 stereo.
King Koopa
Individual slice processing. After slicing a sample it would be great to highlight a slice by either using one of the rotary encoders, the fader or the cursor keys to move to it, then when you'd push enter it would open the slice in a new window for dedicated processing (pitch shift, time stretch).
King Koopa
MPC 2500
MonoMachine mk2+
Octatrack
Fizmo Rack
Korg 707
Dark Energy
Mackie Onyx 1640i
2 * Pandora PX4
Korg KP 3
Art TCS
Valley People Dynamite
Something for the feature requests.

Assign scenes to A/B with midi cc#

I have a midi controller hooked up to the octatrack.
In the octatrack Scene A accepts controller 101 and scene B accepts controller 102.

If I configure my controller to have several buttons send values 1,2,3 on cc# 101 then each button would respectively select scene 1,2,3 for scene A.
Another button sending values on cc# 102 would set the scene for scene B.

Maybe this is possible already but there is no midi implementation chart in the manual regrettably.
King Koopa
Hey it seems to me that MLR has some sequencer features that would be REALLY nice on the OT. It's got an interesting workflow for manipulating the playback of audio loops.

I think i'd like to see a a loop legato mode, where loops playback and trigs mute or unmute sections. Much faster then having to create trigless trigs with volume locked to zero.
some of this can be done with slicing and consecutive trigs. however when i remove a trig to mute a slice i'd like it to be easier to add the trig back in and have to same slice still plocked to it.

I think it could be a different playback mode, similar to turning looping on and off.

Hmm, perhaps i can do this already be switching a trig to a trigless trig, rather then removing it. I'll try it tonight.
1) Copy/paste a bank from one project to another.

2) Modulate LFO designer start point.
I got this idea when somebody said they wanted to be able to randomly modulate the playback rate to either +/-63. You could design a squarewave-ish lfo, and use another LFO to jump around randomly choosing the 2 extremes. It wouldn't have to be a squarewave, you could put in a bunch more +63 steps if you wanted it to mostly play forward.
Go to top Post Reply