As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT feature requests
King Koopa
Re:OT feature requests 13 Years, 2 Months ago
Backspace function when naming/renaming recorded and sliced samples. It will make this task much faster.
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
I've seen a couple of people requesting changes with the way you enter names for samples/projects/etc.

Maybe those people already know this, but I'll throw it anyway because I'm not sure it's documented : while entering letters, you can hold function to see all letters at once and use the arrows to navigate to the letter you want. It's much faster that way!

Also, I can't wait for the static machines to have slice points. It's not really a feature request because it already says "coming soon" in the slice page of the static machine... I just wish it was there already!
^^While on static slice page press YES and see what happens
Hammer Bro
Wait, what?
King Koopa
i think a slice-to-transients option should be implemented.
Game & Watch
Midi machines independantly saved, so have a midi folder on the card, where you can save setups for various devices - channel, type, cc assignments etc, so each external device can have its own settings that can be freely loaded into the midi tracks.
Game & Watch
darenager wrote:
Multi machine - a machine which has 8 samples assigned to it, the sample 1-8 can be selected to play using p-lock, would be good for chords and drums. Yeah you can do similar with sample locks, but plocking would be faster and more experimental (assign an LFO etc)

You can kind of do this already by putting your samples back to back in one longer sample and then selecting the appropriate slice, no?
Game & Watch
True, but it would be nice to be able to pick the samples from a list, and a bit more convenient
Yoshi
Anyone else prefer the mixer LEDs to be green instead of red so that its less easy to wipe out trigs by mistake (thinking you are in the mixer page and going for MUTEs)? I know it could still be confusing with trigless trigs but.......

Matthew
yourmama wrote:
i think a slice-to-transients option should be implemented.

This would be a very welcome feature. If this happens, watch the classifieds for my copy of Ableton Live

Slicing into equal divisions is only OK for some material. If you throw a sample in that has more 'fluid' timing, the slices end up in the 'wrong' places.
Go to top Post Reply