As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox MDUW Vocal Fun!? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MDUW Vocal Fun!?
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
MDUW Vocal Fun!? 13 Years, 3 Months ago
Hey y'all,

Just curious if anyone here could upload an 'experiment' for me.
I'm REALLY considering upgrading my Machinedrum to a UW (honestly should have done it BEFORE I moved onto the Monomachine!) and I was curious how it played with vocal samples.

Right now, I have a Korg ESX that only gets used as a "vocal" box. It's nice and all, but it's a bit too large just for that.

Anyone here have any simple vocal/speech samples in their UW they could record themselves toying with for a minute or two? Nothing serious really. A bar or so of the 'dry' sample, then go to town!

Lemme hear it.

Peace!
  The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
whooooooosh

lamonddesign

lamonddesign@gmail.com
Re:MDUW Vocal Fun!? 13 Years, 3 Months ago
hi mate ill do it tomorrow r u near ur phone as im trying to phone ya but get ur answer phone only lol
Yoshi
@0n0n3
MNM
OT
X0xb0x
Monotribe
Check out Allerians Chinese translation epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0juTMni9N8

This and the swiss mountain music made me buy the UW
Rubic, what do you want to know about vocal handling in MD-UW ? i may be able to help you
MK7
Killer Beez
the UW would also be worth the money, if there were only the RAM machines, no ROM at all! live remixing of what is currently going on and carrying to the next pattern is just one of the MD's greatest features..

strangely enough, i bought the MD for a similar reason as what you are wondering about (vocal samples, maybe even live in an electro band to sample the singer), but later on i never used it like this
blackshark wrote:
the UW would also be worth the money, if there were only the RAM machines, no ROM at all! live remixing of what is currently going on and carrying to the next pattern is just one of the MD's greatest features..

strangely enough, i bought the MD for a similar reason as what you are wondering about (vocal samples, maybe even live in an electro band to sample the singer), but later on i never used it like this

Well said!

I bought the UW for being able to add my own samples in it but the BEST feature i find myself using is the RAM Machines and the possibility to play a DJ set jumping smoothly from one pattern to another
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
@Seadweller - I'm curious about how long I could get each sample. I really like using one or two speech phrases to build the context of my jams. At least, this is a new practice that I'm really trying to break into. I own a Korg ESX. Cool yes, but the interface and I REALLY don't get along. I really dig how the effects work and all that, but the actual box itself is such a turn-off for me. I'd like to be able to drop a phrase, let it play over a few times as I'm making "subliminal" tweaks to it overtime. The MDUW seems 100% capable of this, and I'd love to hear something like this in a piece of music made on the box.

@Micro - I honestly haven't received any calls other than my usual homies & other usual non-homies.

@Hertzian - Allerian's videos are top-notch, senior, and is actually why I posted this. The Swiss vinyl manipulation is simply "sahweeeeeeeet".

Thanks for the replies so far, and sorry for not checkin' back sooner. Had a gig last night that ended up being really long, well paid, and filled with booze (x__x)
Yoshi
@0n0n3
MNM
OT
X0xb0x
Monotribe
RubixGroove wrote:
Had a gig last night that ended up being really long, well paid, and filled with booze (x__x)

Result
King Koopa
Here's a dated video on my old youtube account of me manipulating a vocal sample from an old funk track.

Sound quality is not amazing, but should give you some idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGIXpY7S_dY
King Koopa
http://www.immigrantbreastnest.com - your home for NYCs hottest electronic sounds, shapes, bL00R + shows
Freaked out live vox only into RAM machine noise weird jam: http://www.wobblingroof.com/audio/1982.mp3
Go to top Post Reply