As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT Problem with recording (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT Problem with recording
Cappy
Re:OT Problem with recording 13 Years, 3 Months ago
would be great if the 8 'track trigs' acted as record trigs with the ability to either sample for the duration of the button press, or for the specified length (with an option to start the sampling on the next start of the bar), one button sampling
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
MD UW MKII, MNM MKII, OT DPS-1, A4
..and my question again:

when I recorded trig sample, where is the file of it? In Audio Pool hasn't..
where I trimming it, normalizing? I can't find it. Is it only on recorder 1-8 in flex machine?
Cappy
its in ram until you save it to file, which is another feature that would be most welcome, the option to dump all record tracks to files (preferably using generic filenames so i dont have to name them all manually..)
Cappy
jdigital wrote:
its in ram until you save it to file, which is another feature that would be most welcome, the option to dump all record tracks to files (preferably using generic filenames so i dont have to name them all manually..)

so, where is the ram? may You explain how can I get to the magic ram memory?

and how can I save it to file?
Goomba
Oh man, this has me really worried about the sampling work flow. Having to manually name each file you want to store is going to break my heart, not to mention how convoluted the sampling process sounds. I have my OT on order for a Friday delivery that has not shipped yet and thinking really hard about holding off. Its possible I have misunderstood the products intention?

I would like to route no more than 2 devices and Midi trigger one of them while sampling on the fly in the OT with several live takes, possibly 50-100 takes or more in a single session. Maybe its over kill but with the storage on the unit i felt this would be no problem to store them in a simple manner, not wasting so much time naming each file because i want to store it in Rom. Guess the best idea is to plug it back into the computer and record the whole session and then chop and rename the samples and then import back into the OT? Kind of defeats the purpose i originally thought this unit was about.

Hopefully some happy users can ease my worry.
Game & Watch
Filemono11 - go to trim screen on the track you just sampled, trim waveform as needed, press EFFECT2 button under display ->OPTIONS you can save it to card from there.

FilterHead - Its not convoluted to sample once you have set your machines up, saving is quite easy and the last name used comes up, with the cursor at the end so you could name incrementally. Also if you just want to save your whole realtime sampling session you could send them to a cue output and into another recorder/computer by themselves - then later you could load the whole file in as a static machine. But I think the automatic realtime aspect of the recorder machines is more geared toward improv stuff, you can use the recorder machines for manual sampling too though, and remember the OS is v0.99....
Game & Watch
darenager wrote:
Filemono11 - go to trim screen on the track you just sampled, trim waveform as needed,

Hope they can set it up so the start marker is in the right place on the waveform with internal sampling with the next update. Would speed things up a load.
Cappy
darenager wrote:
Filemono11 - go to trim screen on the track you just sampled, trim waveform as needed,

Thanks a lot! but where is a trim screen for recorded sample?
King Koopa
This thread leaves me scared...
Game & Watch
Filemono11 wrote:
darenager wrote:

Thanks a lot! but where is a trim screen for recorded sample?

Dude, its in the manual! Go to the track where your sample is located and hold down the track button, a window pops up, press the LFO button under the display to take you to the trim screen, where you can edit and save.
Go to top Post Reply