As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear STATUS - The Octa has landed! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: STATUS - The Octa has landed!
Game & Watch
Re:STATUS - The Octa has landed! 13 Years, 3 Months ago
orwell wrote:
Still living in a bizzaro world without any answers regarding the above question
Seriously becoming strange
Where is Julian assange when you need him?

lol.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
orwell wrote:
Please could someone tell elucidate on the real time sampling capabilities?
Ram machines or something different
Thanks

I still have not had the time to try them, hoping to get a bit of time over the weekend to find out, but here is a bit of info, there are 8x track recorders, they can be assinged to any or all of the inputs and the internal track outputs, and they can be initiated manually or using trigs.

The captured audio appears in the flex machines. You can edit them in the same way as other samples in the audio editor.

So far in total I have had about 9 hours to mess with it, hoping to add to that today and tomorrow

Of course I'll update my EU buddies on any discoveries
Boo
For some reason my OT came into the US via f'ing Kentucky and not DFW International, so I'm guessing it won't be here today (early)
orwell wrote:
Please could someone tell elucidate on the real time sampling capabilities?
Ram machines or something different
Thanks

I can take this one. Just spent that last day replicating my MD setup for resampling. It is a little different in the OT. To refresh, the MD technique is to use a RAM Record machine, trig it and then use a RAM Play machine to get the results out.

In OT world, that technique looks a little more like this: Each of the eight tracks has it's own recorder that can be trigged manually or with a grid trig. Each individual input trig can be set to pull from any combination of the four inputs or from any of the eight tracks. To play back, a Flex machine is configured to play from one of the eight recorder slots.

darenager - we are obviously having the same experience!
Game & Watch
Game & Watch
Thanks for the clarification Allerian
JJJ
Cappy
KryoShift wrote:
For some reason my OT came into the US via f'ing Kentucky and not DFW International, so I'm guessing it won't be here today (early)

Kentucky is a huge UPS Hub.
This is pretty much the "standard" route when ordering direct from Elektron to the Midwest in the past.
It's bring back warm memories of tracking the rest of the Trilogy years ago... And the turbomidi
Veets wrote:
siddhu wrote:
If anyone can scan the manual and upload it to Scribd it would be fantastic! Much better than sendspace or one of those other file sites with all those horrible pop-usp and links that expire!

Scribd is a social publishing site, where tens of millions of people share writings and documents. Scribd's vision is to liberate the written word .

I actually thought about using Scribd for the Next Level 2010 Tips document (see thread here http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&catid=13&id=112133#112133 ).

However in researching it I found a lot of copyright infringement lawsuits have been filed against Scribd. For example, if I bought a book somewhere, that doesn't entitle me to upload it to Scribd, but some people (maybe a lot) are doing that. Which leads me to my point - there is a lot of Elektron's intellectual property in the manual and it (IMHO) should be their decision to post it. People are going to do what they want to do but Elektron seems to prefer not to release it at this point. Just my 2 centimes.

I don't think anybody's going to complain that we are depriving Elektron of revenue by posting the manual!

Lawsuits against Scribd are no different then lawsuits against Youtube for copyright infringement by some people uploading material that not only are they not the rights holder, but distribution of said content possibly hurts the revenue model of the copyright holder.

Elektron will eventually make the manual available not only for free, but it can be argued that the manual's distribution will bolster sales - unless people are hating the Octatrack's capabilities when they check the manual out!
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
Thanks guys for the clear explanation regarding the ram sampling

So in essence no ram record machines, they are simply imbedded in the record trigs?
Yah, nice, no ram record machines taking up a extra track!!!
Game & Watch
The way it works is the record and playback trigs can be placed independantly of eachother, the playback trigs go in the track as normal, the record trigs go in the record setup menu whilst in record mode on the sequencer - That does not sound very clear, but when you have the machine in front of you it will make sense.
Go to top Post Reply