As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear STATUS - The Octa has landed! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: STATUS - The Octa has landed!
Boo
Re:STATUS - The Octa has landed! 13 Years, 3 Months ago
siddhu wrote:
If anyone can scan the manual and upload it to Scribd it would be fantastic! Much better than sendspace or one of those other file sites with all those horrible pop-usp and links that expire!

Scribd is a social publishing site, where tens of millions of people share writings and documents. Scribd's vision is to liberate the written word .

My OT is now in Koeln, Germany and headed for the US. If I'm lucky it might even arrive at my door tomorrow My printer also happens to be a scanner.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
lymtronics wrote:
I think the OT will be worth the price of admission alone for being able to use it as an effects sequencer. Everyone has different ideas for what they are going to use the OT for, and none is better than the other. All I know for sure is that it will make for a wonderful input machine, and if creativity is among the things you put in it, the results should be well above satisfactory.

*nods*

Wanging a tired loop in there that you can't work out what to do, 4 chained tracks worth of effects, p locking them processes and I reckon you'll be hard pushed not to come up with something better (or wronger).
KryoShift wrote:
siddhu wrote:
If anyone can scan the manual and upload it to Scribd it would be fantastic! Much better than sendspace or one of those other file sites with all those horrible pop-usp and links that expire!

Scribd is a social publishing site, where tens of millions of people share writings and documents. Scribd's vision is to liberate the written word .

My OT is now in Koeln, Germany and headed for the US. If I'm lucky it might even arrive at my door tomorrow My printer also happens to be a scanner.

Cool! Pls Keep us posted.
King Koopa
22tape,

Panning on the MD is also done on the track level, however it's sort of a moot point as the MD can't load different samples per step like the OT can.

In your example of the bass and kick, you would not have to p-lock both sounds, p-locks are used to set a certain step differently then the rest, you could set the bass panned middle and then only need to p-lock the kicks to deviate from this.

It doesn't appear you will loose control of start and end points within a bounced sample on the OT as you can set slice points and trigger slice within a larger loop.
Game & Watch
siddhu wrote:

I actually thought about using Scribd for the Next Level 2010 Tips document (see thread here http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&catid=13&id=112133#112133 ).

However in researching it I found a lot of copyright infringement lawsuits have been filed against Scribd. For example, if I bought a book somewhere, that doesn't entitle me to upload it to Scribd, but some people (maybe a lot) are doing that. Which leads me to my point - there is a lot of Elektron's intellectual property in the manual and it (IMHO) should be their decision to post it. People are going to do what they want to do but Elektron seems to prefer not to release it at this point. Just my 2 centimes.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
I've asked them for a PDF copy to post here.
Yoshi
babyjaws wrote:
infact midifile support would be nice too.........

One of the things I want as well so I can transfer synth parts written in Cubase/computer to OT rather then doing it all in the box.

I'm looking for an RS7000 (sequencer) killer all in all.
Chain Chomp
Bencodec wrote:
22tape,

Panning on the MD is also done on the track level, however it's sort of a moot point as the MD can't load different samples per step like the OT can.

In your example of the bass and kick, you would not have to p-lock both sounds, p-locks are used to set a certain step differently then the rest, you could set the bass panned middle and then only need to p-lock the kicks to deviate from this.

It doesn't appear you will loose control of start and end points within a bounced sample on the OT as you can set slice points and trigger slice within a larger loop.

cool. thanks very much for the explanation. that defo makes things easier. makes sense to set the track panning point for the most of often used sample in the track, then deviate the other sample's panning via p-locks.

sweet, i hadn't thought of the slicer. but i'm guessing you'd pretty much still have the same issue with needing to pan the slice points if your bounced audio is sharing a track with other samples.

thanks!
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
Please could someone tell elucidate on the real time sampling capabilities?
Ram machines or something different
Thanks
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
Still living in a bizzaro world without any answers regarding the above question
Seriously becoming strange
Where is Julian assange when you need him?
Go to top Post Reply