As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear STATUS - The Octa has landed! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: STATUS - The Octa has landed!
Chain Chomp
Re:STATUS - The Octa has landed! 13 Years, 3 Months ago
Thomas wrote:
Its been so many years since ive used trackers. But i remember i had to insert the panning value in the trackers sequencer. And thats pretty similar to parameter locks.

ya that's one way to do it, but (in renoise at least) you have base sample settings where you could give the sample a panning home in the stereo field. then, any automation in the pattern/track itself would offset from the home position.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Well it was pretty rough, I almost didn't post it but ahh fuck it, it gives a little bit more of an idea of how you can FSU with the OT

I will definitely post something better tommorow when I will have a bit of time to do something a bit nicer.
Cappy
darenager wrote:
Well it was pretty rough, I almost didn't post it but ahh fuck it, it gives a little bit more of an idea of how you can FSU with the OT

I will definitely post something better tommorow when I will have a bit of time to do something a bit nicer.

glad you did!
(miss my 303 now!)
the timestretch sounds a bit like that old school sampler drum and bass style stretch, definetly got a sound to it
I can see how amazingly creative you can get with P-locks,
for me, regarding panning, polyphony and all other DAW like abilities etc etc, i think misses the point of this instrument, make sure what goes in is already mixed and phat, then fuck with it.
Game & Watch
Yes, I think so far I prefer loading stuff in, to actually sampling, need to get my head around it a bit more. I stole about 4 hours total time so that went pretty quick, and stupidly I did not prepare any samples beforehand, I see me making up tons of loops over the coming weeks to load into it.

Still not quite got my head around the project/sets concept yet, but really need to RTFM when I get the chance.

Yeah instrument is exactly what it is, it almost demands to be tweaked even more so than the other Elektrons, the realtime stuff is insane.

Once I get my chops up automating sampling this thing will go great with the modular!
Game & Watch
Cool - looks like you're having a ball
Boo
I do hope that tracks are made poly in a future update, but if not/until then I can work with it.
Boo
For those people thinking of cancelling your order, I have an offer -- take delivery, play with it some, and if you don't like it I'll buy it from you for $1400. I'm located in the States. Look at it as spending $40 to rent an Octatrack if you will...

I have an MPC, a MnM, a Notron sequencer, and other stuff and yet I see a new world of possibilities with the Octatrack.
Chain Chomp
MDUW/MD/MONO
SURROGATES on DVD now!
how does the pitch work on this. is it like the MD or the MM? i.e. can you program semi tones, or is it funky like the machinedrum.
Game & Watch
More like the MD, hoping it will have the MnM type in future update though.
Cappy
Hi - I apologize for hijacking, but I really didn't wanna post this only once in the sandbox.

I recorded a bunch of analog modulating sounds straight to tape this afternoon just so all of us Octatrack users will have some extra content to load in... Please CLICK to check it out and if it's your thing, then download away.

In the meantime I'm waiting for a shop in Toronto to get them in...

Ok back to your original programming.
Go to top Post Reply