As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear STATUS - The Octa has landed! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: STATUS - The Octa has landed!
Cappy
Re:STATUS - The Octa has landed! 13 Years, 3 Months ago
Yes,yes, fine, but how is it playing with your MODULAR?

We've talked a bit about this before, I believe, but will it be performing it's duties as a modular companion like we all hoped?
  The topic has been locked.
Ekofisk wrote:

We've talked a bit about this before, I believe, but will it be performing it's duties as a modular companion like we all hoped?

There is no midi yet in the os...
Admin
Ekofisk wrote:

i know a lot of people with modulars tend to "jam" and record the results or when they get something they like (due to lack of saving). loading these jams into the OT would be fun as hell.

I don't tend to jam a lot in my studio, but I'm certainly looking forward to loading anything and everything into it -- iPad app doodles, maschine beats, recorded nord sequences, guitar playing, etc.

i imagine that a modular and an OT would provide endless possiblities and fun for the same reason. . . perhaps more so (more twiddling involved).

M (who will never ever ever succumb to the modular bug. truly. )
Thomas,

The specs posted at the Elektron site say that the 8 tracks are stereo tracks.

Hope this helps.
Chain Chomp
Atomic Shadow: Yeah, i know that. But there has been some rumors about each track being polyphonic. I wont name names about who started these rumors though. (cough, actuel, cough)
Boo
Octatrack DPS-1
papertiger wrote:
I don't tend to jam a lot in my studio, but I'm certainly looking forward to loading anything and everything into it -- iPad app doodles, maschine beats, recorded nord sequences, guitar playing, etc.

+1 over here! And I can't wait to take my Zoom H1 out, and then come back with some found sounds / field recordings and mess with them in the OT.

Live, I can see me plugging some mics in via a preamp and capturing and playing with the sounds of whatever space I happen to be in.
Thomas wrote:
But there has been some rumors about each track being polyphonic.

How do you mean? Like playing a chord on a keyboard with a sample?
Game & Watch
how it sounds compared with the original samples played back in a computer? is it flat or colored in any way?
Cappy
The individual tracks are not polyphonic- I asked elektron that a few weeks ago. They said it wasn't, "at least not in it's current incarnation". Leaving room that perhaps there might be a dedicated machine further down the line.
Cappy
Boelie wrote:
Ekofisk wrote:

There is no midi yet in the os...

Midi? *spit*

No, like Papertiger said, recording jams and manipulating/arranging audio is where it's at.
Go to top Post Reply