As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Starting Smoothly set (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Starting Smoothly set
MK7
Killer Beez
Starting Smoothly set 13 Years, 3 Months ago
I've uploaded a small set called "Starting Smoothly". Originally "Starting the Year Smoothly", but I left the year out to make it more general.

One bank of patterns + some RAM patterns, optimized to go live right out of the box, at least as far as I know what is necessary therefore (e.g. consistant settings, CTR-8P machines, RAM machines, RAM patterns, you should try decay tweaking in patterns B4 and B5..).

Have fun!

If you record a jam, I'm looking forward to hear it

P.S. Unfortunately, some "Broken Kits/Patterns" messages occured in the C6 software. Please tell me, if something is not working properly, e.g. bank A is not full of patterns. In case a kit is missing, I've saved them twice.
  The topic has been locked.
MK7
Killer Beez
Re:Starting Smoothly set 13 Years, 3 Months ago
and an example, how it might sound:

http://soundcloud.com/find-the-balance/starting-smoothly-set-12-01-2011

still a lot of potential for improvement of my skills (patterns + mixing), but I'm happy to have expanded my MD's endurance for about 30 minutes (and yours, if you like the set and have an UW)

BTW: if someone might get the tuning issues solved from beat 1 to 4, I would be very grateful. beats 4 to 8 fit very well.

--> now it's time for me to stick to the MD DJ Project 1 and find out, if I'm able to do a "proper mix" of it..
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
Smooth!

...Jokes aside, this is a sweet ambient house set you put together. I know you're still working on fine-tuning your levels and other details, but you've got some great grooves going on. Generally I wanted to just grab a scotch and vibe to this, which means the fundamentals are there. If I heard this in a club I'd stay.

You ought to post this to the music section as well, I think there are a lot of others who would dig this and provide more comments.

PS. Thanks for posting your sysex as well, you've got me juiced to load it up.
MK7
Killer Beez
Thanks dubathonic!

If you or someone else has some specific ideas what I could improve, please tell me

EDIT: cheers
MK7
Killer Beez
just a short note for those who are playing around with this set:

the CTR-8P machine is also available for RAM patterns (bank B ), but with another parameter set, which is completely focussed on the RAM play machine

this useful detail is very likely to be overseen, i guess, and it's not mentioned in the readme..
Go to top Post Reply