As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Machinedrum Mk3 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Machinedrum Mk3
Goomba
Re:Machinedrum Mk3 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Monomachine mk2 -----> Polymachine mk1
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Actually, this makes me wonder if there might be an OT mkII in the future. It'll probably be another year until I can buy one, and with my luck they will release a new version two months later.
Chain Chomp
http://soundcloud.com/pixelife
Analog/digi hybrid polysynthmachine. Mini keyboard a la A4. Every trig can be a chord.
Cappy
I think we should be realistic, so I don’t think they will make a new Machinedrum but something new and unheard for the product line.

I could imagine:
- Effect module/pedals
- VST player (similar to Muse Receptor)
- A keyboard extension for the A4 similar to Monomachine SFX-6
- Standalone sequencer
- Vocoder (Imagine something similar to Korg VC-10 with more features)

Elektron is always trying to improve their product line with new products that can compete with those products that’s already on the market. But a OS update for Machinedrum with some of those features that’s on the wishlist would be fine too

We have to remember that Elektron is like all the other equipment companies for the music market. (Clavia, Dave Smith, Korg, Yamaha etc.) What’s on the drawing table stays on the drawing table until the company has official release the news and Elektron is very kind to inform their users with newsletters.

I don’t know why these rumors has started, but development a new Machinedrum would somehow be a step backward in the product line and not forward.
Chain Chomp
there's definitely a market for a killer analog drum machine, so i'd wager it's just that.

it will be to the MD what the A4 is to the MnM.

soundwise, if it covers the range from TR emulation to Elektron-edgy, i imagine it will easily become their best selling product yet.
Chain Chomp
I've heard they dropped hints on a analog drum machine when the elektron guys were on tour here in holland.
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
Mduw is a best seller product
Why not an analog mduw drum machine??
Seems logical
Chain Chomp
Honestly would be suprised if a new MD wasn't announced by EOY. The MD Mk2 is feeling pretty dated now we have the A4 and OT, it's their flagship product and we know they are working on something, seems logical to me... part digital, part analog, 24 bit, microtiming etc
Cappy
void wrote:

soundwise, if it covers the range from TR emulation to Elektron-edgy, i imagine it will easily become their best selling product yet.

You can already make that (TRX) or just upload samples from the old TR and make soundpacks
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
void wrote:
there's definitely a market for a killer analog drum machine, so i'd wager it's just that.

it will be to the MD what the A4 is to the MnM.

^ agree, and hoping this is it too.
Go to top Post Reply