As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Alien Autopsy Via Sample-Rate Reduction (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Alien Autopsy Via Sample-Rate Reduction
jdn
King Koopa
Alien Autopsy Via Sample-Rate Reduction 13 Years, 3 Months ago
Hi EU-hedz,

I figured out some interesting sound design "math" last night while playing around with using the E12 BD retrig as a sawtooth oscillator. The actual interesting part has more to do with the filter + SRR parameters, but I digress...

If you want to get a vocal-sounding ‘for­mant fil­ter’ effect out of a synth that only has a nor­mal low­pass fil­ter, you can take advan­tage of a quirk of sample-rate reduc­tion effects to gen­er­ate mul­ti­ple “mir­rored” fil­ter sweeps through the won­der of aliasing.

For more info, sound clips, sonogram images, and a .syx file with the results for MD, check out the full post here:
http://www.jdnmusic.com/alien-autopsy-via-sample-rate-reduction

Happy voxing,
-jdn
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
Re:Alien Autopsy Via Sample-Rate Reduction 13 Years, 3 Months ago
Cool discovery! Looking forward to checking this out at home.

FWIW, you might also post the sysex to the Files section of this forum as well.
Game & Watch
Re:Alien Autopsy Via Sample-Rate Reduction 13 Years, 3 Months ago
Very cool. Nils uploaded a sysex a while ago and there is a kit in there called Horny (which is pretty mindblowing). In that he gets some similar effects, but I did not have an understanding/explanation of this until now. Nice job.
Go to top Post Reply