As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Buy - Sell - Trade Mint Condition 3month old machinedrum UW for trade.. (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Mint Condition 3month old machinedrum UW for trade..
Mint Condition 3month old machinedrum UW for trade.. 18 Years ago
I'm getting my head into max msp and building my own controller, for percussive stuff so as much as I love the sound of machinedrum, I will be totally neglecting its sequencing prowess ....so I want to trade it for a dedicated synth

1-either a nord modular g2 keyboard

2-or a monomachine

3-feel free to make any other offers, but chances are I will hold out for a G2

please pm me any offers,

-b0unce
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re: Mint Condition 3month old machinedrum UW for trade.. 18 Years ago
Max MSP + MD UW!!!! I sold my Machinedrum last year, I lasted about a month before I purchased another one, you just cant replace the sound. Max msp with the machinedrum is an awesome combination, you can still incorporate the MD sequencer but add all kinds of structural twists with MAX. I dont know if you are into the MSP side of it, but if you build your own processors and use the UW sampling the results can be amazing.

DONT DO IT!!!
hmm...
I mean...max + anything = a good thing
heh...

its just that I dont think I'm going to be using the 'sequencing' aspect of the unit at all - I plan on making my own controller/interface with max being the brains of the sequencer....I dunno...its a tough decision cos I do love the sound - but I know I'm gonna feel sick if I dont use its full potential, so I figure it might be a better decision to trade it for a g2 or even a MnM...

have you got any examples of max + mdUW in action, wave ?
Chain Chomp
I certainly have. check out the track i43 on www.myspace.com/wavecircle. The MD is so good with max, I can assure you, you will regret not having it when you build some awesome percussive patch in max. For me the nord g2 would maybe cause a conflict with max. By this
I mean you can do a lot of max type things with the g2 by itself(automata, stochastic methods of algorithmic composition etc..) You might be less tempted to build your own patches in max because the g2 has many modules that can be readily adapted/abused. The MD always has 16 sounds just sitting there. you could run the MD seq and max could be running generative CC sequences with a markov chain controlling the clock. Just an idea.
Yes, what he said.

Hey b0unce, I'd like to get my hands on one of those UW's to match my Evolver (coming this week) MnM and G2!

Here's what I got:

+A Nord Lead 1 (expanded 12 voices)
+A Tr-707
+A modded MC-202
+A desktop pc (2.0ghz pIV, 256M, 60gig)
+Technics 1200 turntable
+An Alesis Midiverb IV
+A NES Nintendo Entertainment System
+My left foot (broken ankle)

So, maybe not exactly what you want, but there ya go!

-[d]

Ps. Wavecircle: nice (beat-less) beats!
ya nice work wavecircle

sorry glitched - nothing in that list appeals, unless of course you trade your g2!
why dont you trade the g2 and by the time you've mastered the MD you'll have enough dough to pick another one up

you know it makes sense =)
Hah! Nah, you wouldn't want the G2 Engine, anyway. I'm loving the machine and the computer interface, but it's just not as immediate as the kbd version.

That said, I've made some wicked drum sounds and the sequencers are so creative and flexible. Wish I had more time to devote to it. Monomachine is the most fun piece of gear I have (not including computer+FL Studio).

-[d]
Cappy
going off topic but:

hey glitched, would u consider selling the 202?

-who modded it, and what mods?
-how would you rate it?

I've been looking for something like that...
Ooh, gee, I don't know if I'd consider selling it at this point. I've done too much to it and it's not really in saleable condition.

Take a look at it here: http://www.glitched.org/stuff (it's in the second section. By the way, that page also outlines a mod that I'm quite happy to have found: a high-rate LFO.)

My 202 has the following mods:

+New CV/Gate inputs (if you try to use an external CV/Gate interface on the original inputs, you will be disappointed. There's latency that prevents one from using the 202 like a 101.)
+Audio VCF IN
+VCF CV IN
+Mod CV IN (I think I did this one wrong, but what it does is pretty interesting)
+Pulse VCO OUT
+SUB VCO OUT
+"Hidden" Triangle VCO to mixer
+Audio-rate LFO (great for cross/ring mod sounds)

My page also has a couple audio samples. Oh and yes, I did all of these mods myself. They weren't that difficult once I found some links about them on the net. (That high-rate LFO one I figured out, though.)

If there's more, just email or PM.

-[d]
Go to top Post Reply