As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox MNM Dubstep Wobble Bass (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MNM Dubstep Wobble Bass
Re:MNM Dubstep Wobble Bass 13 Years, 5 Months ago
yeah I think I'm gonna wobble over too the MnM too
  The topic has been locked.
RubixGroove wrote:
Man...

Been sitting here all night tweaking with my MD and there's no way I've found to get something this bad ass! Me = going nuts.

All night?

TRX B2,

Hold max, decay max, set LFO to FLTW saw wave, low speed, fair amount of depth.
Tweak distortion SRR and other parameters to taste

Program a pattern, now pm lock the LFO speed on different steps..

MD can do pretty sick wobbles, digg deeper
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
My digging gets ADD as a mo'fo

Shall get on that, sir. Thanks!
jdn
King Koopa
Don't lose faith in yer MD -- I've heard quite a few examples of people doing dope wobbles with the TRX B2 among other things. Search the forum for examples, and check out the Elektron group on Soundcloud.

The main trick to my patch was turning up dist a little bit, harmonically tuning the Filter base to match the subbass fundamental and cranking the reso to overdrive the sound. I think using distortion carefully it might be possible to get a very close emulation on the MD. I'm tempted to try when I get a chance.
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
I'd love to hear what you could crank out on the MD because I'm still having massive issues finding anything that wobbles nicely. Trying what Bo suggested only head to very strange sounding pops that cut-outs that weren't very wobbly at all.
Yoshi
@0n0n3
MNM
OT
X0xb0x
Monotribe
I quite liked the wobble achieved with boelies method, the pops where an issue,to be sorted.

mixing lfo's and modulating the mix would expand things further saws to ramps providing groovy swung wobs
Admin
RubixGroove wrote:
I'd love to hear what you could crank out on the MD because I'm still having massive issues finding anything that wobbles nicely. Trying what Bo suggested only head to very strange sounding pops that cut-outs that weren't very wobbly at all.

Patience Rubix.

Some non-UW examples:

http://soundcloud.com/pokelok/noe-0344-bugge-og-4xmd-050126
@39:00-44:00: Everything TRX-B2, apart from cowbell and organ

http://soundcloud.com/pokelok/sika-okt-03
@54:50 to end: EFM-BD bass/stabs/wobbles
All MD.

http://www.batterycollection.net/MDcontest/oct2004.zip
all EFM-BD demoes, my entry slightly wobbly
jdn
King Koopa
Re:MNM Dubstep Wobble Bass (and MD!) 13 Years, 5 Months ago
The TRX B2 tip is no lie.

I definitely was able to pull out some really thick bass wobbles -- I think I prefer them to what I got on the MNM in some ways.

Here's the basic rundown for the bass sound I got:

If you turn up dist in the synth page, it turns right into a nice oscillator. Ramp to zero and use hold + decay to set note length (like the MNM sequencer). P-lock hold especially to get differing note lengths and rests.

Wobbles come from triangle LFO mod to filter width, p-locked to vary speed, depth, and mix of the saw waveform.

A bit of low end boost from the track eq, and some low mid and hi boosts from the master fx eq really made it sweet. I set the volumes for everything to just barely go into output clip distortion when the master volume knob is cranked.

But add in the possibility of resampling / layering by using a RAM R machine, and you can do a very (unstable) post-filter distortion with feedback.

Anyways, I'll post sound and sysex tomorrow Rubix. Please don't go run order any MNM's on my behalf.
Yoshi
@0n0n3
MNM
OT
X0xb0x
Monotribe
Chakaharta wrote:

The MD wobbles can be a bit harder to control because the LFO runs in free or hold modes only

Are you sure ?

Be gentle and a trig option will present itself between free and hold. (goes and checks) (confirms)
jdn
King Koopa
Hertzian Cone wrote:
Chakaharta wrote:

The MD wobbles can be a bit harder to control because the LFO runs in free or hold modes only

Are you sure ?

Be gentle and a trig option will present itself between free and hold. (goes and checks) (confirms)

Thanks Hertzian, I was wondering where that went! Guess I was being impatient tonight. Good tip: always be gentle if you're missing it.
Go to top Post Reply