As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Cheeks for your Elektron Gear (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Cheeks for your Elektron Gear
Game & Watch
Re:Cheeks for your Elektron Gear 13 Years, 2 Months ago
Nice work. I like the idea of putting red on the OT and black on the MD or MnM.
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
SPS-1 UW+ MkII
SFX-60+ MkII
DPS-1
Peter Hanes wrote:
I just bought a set of transparent cheeks for my soon-to-arrive MM.

My beautiful new Monomachine just arrived (my first Elektron instrument). Here it is, almost floating in air:

I used 4-40 x 0.25" screws to attach the ProModular end cheeks.
Game & Watch
Damn. I do like that transparent look. So sophisticated.
Goomba
alright, question for those of you that have some cheeks and two elektron units: how is the clearance under the front of the unit? Due to limited space I have my MnM and MD staggered, one in front of the other, which actually works really well (duct tape rolls are the exact height to elevate one unit above the other!).

I like the idea of the cheeks, but I can't have the units side by side, so I'm wondering if I get one set, will the other unit be able to site in front and have enough clearance for all the cables in the back/underneath the angled unit?

or extended cheeks to mount both to one set, one up top & angled, one flat down in front, would be rad too...
Game & Watch
^That was actually asked earlier in the thread and he said it shouldn't be a problem.
Admin
tIB was here
Looking good all round!

@NEILBALDWIN happy to help!
Game & Watch
nomenclature wrote:
alright, question for those of you that have some cheeks and two elektron units: how is the clearance under the front of the unit? Due to limited space I have my MnM and MD staggered, one in front of the other, which actually works really well (duct tape rolls are the exact height to elevate one unit above the other!).

[I like the idea of the cheeks, but I can't have the units side by side, so I'm wondering if I get one set, will the other unit be able to site in front and have enough clearance for all the cables in the back/underneath the angled unit?

or extended cheeks to mount both to one set, one up top & angled, one flat down in front, would be rad too...

There's enough space for cables passing under the unit.
Cappy
loving the pics people!

Surachai from trashaudio.com just got his pair for his Octatrack...

blog article link: http://trashaudio.com/2011/03/pro-modular-elektron-end-cheeks/

neilbaldwin wrote:
I ended up making myself a set for the OT and a set for my MnM.

No disrespect intended to Pro-Modular - it's just that being in the UK, 2 sets + shipping + customs/Tax sting would've probably ended up about £50-60.

No worries and great job! i put the declaration value for $10USD and keep it non-descript to avoid customs issues.
qu.one wrote:

No worries and great job! i put the declaration value for $10USD and keep it non-descript to avoid customs issues.

I did not know that.

Ah well, I had fun making them. I love the smell of hot perspex in the morning
Game & Watch
Just ordered a black translucent pair for the OT, and a clear pair for my MD. Stoked.
Go to top Post Reply