As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Cheeks for your Elektron Gear (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Cheeks for your Elektron Gear
Re:Cheeks for your Elektron Gear 13 Years, 2 Months ago
Ah thanks. I was sure I read that they were 8mm thick but 3mm makes sense if 6mm screws are being used.

The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Pix:

Studio time is in the kitchen during cold winter nights - muchmore comfy & cosy

Good luck to Stephen, great guy!
Admin
those look gorgeous, emnine. how does the angle compare to the nord rack? (my recollection is you have one...)

that black would go well with the OT. . .

. . . but would clash with the Nord. . .

Game & Watch
papertiger wrote:
those look gorgeous, emnine. how does the angle compare to the nord rack? (my recollection is you have one...)

that black would go well with the OT. . .

. . . but would clash with the Nord. . .

The Nord's a keeper, huh ?
Does anyone have 8 spare M3 x 6mm bolts they'd send my way?

They're damned hard to get hold of - found a place online but you can only buy them in packs of 100 for about £1 but then it's £5 for shipping. For 8 screws it's a bit daft

PM me - will swap for beer token or Action Man.

(That joke may only be funny to UK users over the age of 35 )
Admin
tIB was here
I do, they are hex (allen key) types though... if that's alright shoot me some pm and ill send you some. UK right?
Admin
@emnine -- WOW. that looks great. the angle is just about perfect. right now i have it sitting on a three ring binder/notebook, ghetto style. =)

love love love the nord. been using the drum kits lately and i'm in heaven. loaded just a few loops into the OT and sounded even more fantastic with some plocks, slicing and OT madness.
I ended up making myself a set for the OT and a set for my MnM.

No disrespect intended to Pro-Modular - it's just that being in the UK, 2 sets + shipping + customs/Tax sting would've probably ended up about £50-60.

Luckily for me there is a plastics shop in Coventry which is not a million miles from me and they sell A4 off-cuts of 3mm Perspex.

If you've got a jigsaw, a workbench, a couple of clamps, a couple of files and a steady hand they're not too difficult to make. I did get help from my wife - she managed to make a vector drawing template that I cut out and stuck to the perspex as a cutting/drilling guide.

I made mine slightly taller than the Pro-Modular ones too so that the front edge of the unit sits higher off the table.

Although obviously mine are not laser cut like the Pro-Modular ones: they're more like analogue cover-versions of the Pro-Modular cheeks. The test will be when I get the screws to fit them.

I'm not wanting to steal the limelight from Pro-Modular (those ones are far more professionally done) but at the request of a few people here's some (pretty poor) photos of mine in situ. Thanks to tlB for the screws

Cappy
I have to say that little lip looks incredibly sexy, depending on the workload tomorrow I may knock up a set for my 'trons
Go to top Post Reply