As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:DYNAMIX SETTINGS Once And For All...Need Sticky!!! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:DYNAMIX SETTINGS Once And For All...Need Sticky!!!
King Koopa
Re:DYNAMIX SETTINGS Once And For All...Need Sticky!!! 13 Years, 6 Months ago
^

a.f.a.i.k. this has always been the case and has not changed when the o.s. udate fixed the compressor noise.

M.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Did it swap round then when the fixed the issues with the compressor noise then or was it this way round before?

Not sure, I'm guessing it was always this way.
Game & Watch
I am completely dumb founded by this, I was sure I had the compressor pretty much understood, guess I need to go back and study it some more.

Weird that some of the dials work opposite to convention (attack, release, mix) and others follow it (threshold, ratio, knee).
Hammer Bro
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
MDSPS-1UW+ MKII Doepfer DARKENERGY Darktime MKS-30 Mbase01 A&H Zed14 Ensoniq DP/4 RNC 1773
So how many of you are going to check your Dynamix settings next time you turn on the MD?
Yoshi
@0n0n3
MNM
OT
X0xb0x
Monotribe
Yet again, another ever unfolding Elektron saga catches a broad spectrum of the EU community by the knackers/chests

just keeps on giving
Game & Watch
Made the diagram by ear but you can check it easily. Load up a snare/clap and reverb it heavily. Then twist and shout. You will hear the comp on either the transient or the reverb tail, or both.

After making the diagram, I went back to the manual just as a check. Approx 50% of the manual descriptions had an explanation of the end points - the rest did not. As I recall, the manual checked out with what I had. Have fun.
Game & Watch
Ok I am convinced.

The attack and release work back to front but I still think your knee is the wrong way round on your diagram.. Setting to the left produces a harder more obviously compressed sound, to the right a subtler but quieter effect occurs. IMO anyway.

The reason I had the A + R working that way round in my head is that values of less than 73 used to make it distort and everyone said it was due to the times being too short!! Until Elektron fixed it that is.

Oh well...
AN1
Boo
Justin Valer wrote:
Also.. The values that the MD assigns to the compressor when loading an empty kit do not engage the compressor even though the signal is wet. This is because threshold volume is set to maximum.

I believe it is done this way so that you can use the Output Gain in dynamix to boost the final volume (without the signal being compressed).

That's not my experience, the default settings certainly have an audible effect on the signal. I remember when you just place a few kicks you can slowly hear the compressor kicking in and reducing the volume.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
and the award for the most confusing thread of the year goes to *drum roll*...
yeah I don't know how a normal compressor works either, so I just copied the "pseudo sidechain" thing, tweaked to my taste and just use my ears to fine-tune. wouldn't want to change it really.

oh, and I'm still on an OS from late winter/early spring, maybe time to check out the new OS soon..
Go to top Post Reply