As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:DYNAMIX SETTINGS Once And For All...Need Sticky!!! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:DYNAMIX SETTINGS Once And For All...Need Sticky!!!
Hammer Bro
www.soundcloud.com/highsage
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
Re:DYNAMIX SETTINGS Once And For All...Need Sticky!!! 13 Years, 6 Months ago
Veets wrote:
djd_oz wrote:
I think it is only the Mix control which is the other way round.

K- how about this?

To me, the ATK looks backwards in the diagram, as does the REL.

The knee also looks backwards....

Anyone else confirm what I'm seeing. Hell if these knobs really work the way this depicts them, then no WONDER i've been struggling to find settings that would make sense in the real world on a normal outboard comp!

To me, ATK and REL knobs should work like any normal envelope generator knobs would.
And the KNE should should get softer/looser, as you open up the knob to the right...

This diagram, if correct, would explain why I've only ever had good results closing my eyes using the compressor...but even then, the normal workflow I use on a real compressor is whacky now here on the Dynamix!
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
I agree with highsage, the attack, release and knee are the wrong way around in the diagram. i think.
King Koopa
Attack and release are indeed as depicted in the diagram.
Hammer Bro
So for me, attack, release and dry/wet should be the other way.
King Koopa
For Mix.. 127 = dry signal ( the diagram is correct.)

You can test the attack and release controls to see what they do.

You'll find that when attack is at 127 and release at 0 you'll lose all your kick drum transients. Decrease attack and you'll hear the transients come back in because you have a slow attack. If you set release to 127 and attack to any value the compressor will effectively be off because you have a very fast release.
King Koopa
Also.. The values that the MD assigns to the compressor when loading an empty kit do not engage the compressor even though the signal is wet. This is because threshold volume is set to maximum.

I believe it is done this way so that you can use the Output Gain in dynamix to boost the final volume (without the signal being compressed).
Hammer Bro
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
MDSPS-1UW+ MKII Doepfer DARKENERGY Darktime MKS-30 Mbase01 A&H Zed14 Ensoniq DP/4 RNC 1773
Veets wrote:
djd_oz wrote:
I think it is only the Mix control which is the other way round.

K- how about this?

VEETS THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!

ANd it just proves to show that the logic behind this is fucked as Highsage thought the controls worked like every other piece of gear i.e turn the knob clockwise for change...

Elektron please rewrite the code on the next OS update so the knobs function like 99% of all the other gear on the planet...

So now it is set in stone... Taping that diagram to the bottom of my MD for reference...
Game & Watch
Justin Valer wrote:
Attack and release are indeed as depicted in the diagram.

So a setting at the far left (fully counterclockwise) of the attack dial gives it a really slow attack time and at the right (fully clockwise) it is almost instantaneous?

This is definitely at odds with how I understood it.
King Koopa
So a setting at the far left (fully counterclockwise) of the attack dial gives it a really slow attack time and at the right (fully clockwise) it is almost instantaneous

Yes.
Game & Watch
Justin Valer wrote:
So a setting at the far left (fully counterclockwise) of the attack dial gives it a really slow attack time and at the right (fully clockwise) it is almost instantaneous

Yes.

Did it swap round then when the fixed the issues with the compressor noise then or was it this way round before?
Go to top Post Reply