As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:DYNAMIX SETTINGS Once And For All...Need Sticky!!! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:DYNAMIX SETTINGS Once And For All...Need Sticky!!!
Hammer Bro
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
MDSPS-1UW+ MKII Doepfer DARKENERGY Darktime MKS-30 Mbase01 A&H Zed14 Ensoniq DP/4 RNC 1773
DYNAMIX SETTINGS Once And For All...Need Sticky!!! 13 Years, 6 Months ago
There have been numerous posts about the settings on the Dynamix could we have a sticky on exactly how the settings work what values correspond to traditional compressor settings? I know we should be using our ears for comp settings but I just want to know for example if on the...

Attack MD 127 = 0 (traditional comp) fast attack
Mix MD 127 = 10 (trad comp) full comp signal no dry
Threshold MD 127 = 0 Db (trad comp)

etc... Just need to know the initial settings for a starting point... Last night I was driving myself crazy trying to figure it out and reveiwing past posts on the subject...

Please someone clarify this once and for all and post a sticky or add it to the MD tips and tricks...

http://tarekith.com/assets/machinedrum_tipsandtricks.htm#Performance
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
Re:DYNAMIX SETTINGS Once And For All...Need Sticky!!! 13 Years, 6 Months ago
I admit every time i put dynamics on the MD, i spend 5 minutes to recall how it works. Totally unnatural.
Game & Watch
i posted something inaccurate a while ago ... something about how the compressor was slightly 'on', by default. this is incorrect, the Dynamix is not effecting anything until the user adjusts the settings.

a video tutorial by someone who has the Dynamix knowledge would be awesome, although i guess the video could be somewhat difficult to make, seeing as how the lcd screen isn't all that easy to film.

perhaps screen photographs and writings about settings would be helpful?
Hammer Bro
MDSPS-1UW+ MKII Doepfer DARKENERGY Darktime MKS-30 Mbase01 A&H Zed14 Ensoniq DP/4 RNC 1773
Logic dictates that turning the controls clockwise should cause a change but I don't think this is so and is counter intuitive... Having done some programming on midiboxSID I don't see why Elektron could not change the code on the OS so that the controls work clockwise for change and effect...
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
cosmosuave wrote:
Just need to know the initial settings for a starting point... Last night I was driving myself crazy trying to figure it out and reveiwing past posts on the subject...Please someone clarify this once and for all and post a sticky or add it to the MD tips and tricks...
Amen to that...
Don't use the dynamics at all here, rather bounce all the audio tracks and mix in cubase
Boelie wrote:
Don't use the dynamics at all here, rather bounce all the audio tracks and mix in cubase

Ye but some people use the MD live.....
Hammer Bro
Exactly...
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
previewlounge wrote:
i posted something inaccurate a while ago ... something about how the compressor was slightly 'on', by default. this is incorrect, the Dynamix is not effecting anything until the user adjusts the settings.

Not true on a MKII unit here. If I reset the MD back to it's factory state, the Compressor is on 100% wet by default, and there's a noticeable difference in sound if I turn the mix to 100% dry.

A video tutorial is an interesting idea, let me see what I can come up with. It's hard, because dynamix is SORT OF a compressor, yet it acts like no other compressor I've ever used
AN1
Boo
I can confirm that Dynamix is most definitely on for an empty kit on my MkII UW. The first thing I do with every fresh kit is turn it off.

And I'd again be super happy if somebody could write a definitive explanation of this thing, make a video tutorial or convince Elektron to update the manual
Go to top Post Reply