As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Octatrack's features revealed weekly... (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Octatrack's features revealed weekly...
Boo
Prairie doggin'
Re:Octatrack's features revealed weekly... 13 Years, 4 Months ago
No movement from Elektron yet, im starting to suspect the 31st of january many retailers are showing is somewhat accurate
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
Interesting to find people moaning about how OT-hype already dropped. Hype certainly does seem to keep up the faith... I've already red couple of post that claim OT cannot be good because there isnt enough news coverage of it, things are too quiet around Elektron or something else. Surely it must be because there is a dark truth behind it: OT isnt as cool as we have hoped for (based on hype), but if they will show us more hype, we will continue to belief into it (based on hype of course). ...but surely everyone is just making 'rational decicions' based on information... ...and the manual of course!

You know me folks, just playing provocative here!

And here is your fix, for those who need it.
Boo
Prairie doggin'
Space is SO next up on my buylist, even though i own an Orville. Un-fucking-believable
ark
Chain Chomp
I am a little surprised that the Elektron website says neither that shipping has started nor that it has been delayed. It is now mid-afternoon in Sweden; one would think they would know one or the other by now.
Boo
Prairie doggin'
Lets hope its because theyre busy shipping
Yoshi
http://www.myspace.com/ido3
really should upload some more recent tunes but there you go
there is an idiot over at vse who was slagging the ot

he said it was to expensive

then went on to say he could do the same with 10 korg kaos pads........
wow so very very practical and more expensive

further went on to speculate how the not released kp4 would slaughter

the not released ot

I just told him not to buy one but he continued his

slagging of a product hes never seen or heard

Others have liken those that use Elektron gear

with apple users, saying we buy cause of its status/hip factor

such ignorant dullards i'm afraid
King Koopa
Boelie wrote:

Really? I am a Elektron fanboy but i think the OP-1 sucks..

So that means all Elektron fanboys think the way you do?

Well, it's just an estimation by me, so I might be wrong. I just have a very strong feeling that I am right.

Toni wrote:
Interesting to find people moaning about how OT-hype already dropped. Hype certainly does seem to keep up the faith... I've already red couple of post that claim OT cannot be good because there isnt enough news coverage of it, things are too quiet around Elektron or something else. Surely it must be because there is a dark truth behind it: OT isnt as cool as we have hoped for (based on hype), but if they will show us more hype, we will continue to belief into it (based on hype of course). ...but surely everyone is just making 'rational decicions' based on information... ...and the manual of course!

But i hope you concur, that the best flow of events would have been releasing the OT right after the release of the video in December, like it was originally planned by Elektron, do you?

Because, that's all I said. not sure though, if you were replying this to my comment.
King Koopa
MPC 2500
MonoMachine mk2+
Octatrack
Fizmo Rack
Korg 707
Dark Energy
Mackie Onyx 1640i
2 * Pandora PX4
Korg KP 3
Art TCS
Valley People Dynamite
zoot wrote:
there is an idiot over at vse who was slagging the ot

he said it was to expensive

then went on to say he could do the same with 10 korg kaos pads........
wow so very very practical and more expensive

further went on to speculate how the not released kp4 would slaughter

the not released ot

I just told him not to buy one but he continued his

slagging of a product hes never seen or heard

Others have liken those that use Elektron gear

with apple users, saying we buy cause of its status/hip factor

such ignorant dullards i'm afraid

Couldnt care less what other people think, I mean... opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one and they all stink

My monomachine changed my music for the good. It took me to places my TB 303 and FR777 couldnt get me... so I sold the bastards .

I'm pretty blank about the OT [apart from WANTING it!] but what it will do with my sound and where it will take me... no clue. I just grab some really old samples and push them into the box... See what happens

Have patience all...

.R
Killer Beez
Steril707 wrote:

But i hope you concur, that the best flow of events would have been releasing the OT right after the release of the video in December, like it was originally planned by Elektron, do you?

Because, that's all I said. not sure though, if you were replying this to my comment.

Nope, I wasnt really replying to anyone just thinking loud all the happenings. I've no idea who said what on what forum, some of the post just stuck into my head because they felt odd in such a weird and dark way. Its like people need to keep up the fantasy that has created by hype and they dont want to accept the reality - the flow of hype events should just go on forever.. However the machine is going to drop your table sooner or later on your table and only after that they can let go of the hype. The anti-climax of story is that hype stops and then you will be sucked into real world to wait your packet just like ordinary people (just like you point out). What you bought doesnt feel the same without the hype-events and people are getting angry. Its like the hype was more important than the box itself!

Luckily, most people are just as excited about the real machine...
King Koopa
MPC 2500
MonoMachine mk2+
Octatrack
Fizmo Rack
Korg 707
Dark Energy
Mackie Onyx 1640i
2 * Pandora PX4
Korg KP 3
Art TCS