As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Octatrack's features revealed weekly... (2 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Octatrack's features revealed weekly...
Hammer Bro
Octatrack's features revealed weekly... 13 Years, 7 Months ago
Well, I don't know what's got to the site those past few days!

On topic :
I'm sure everyone saw it, but I'm gonna post it just in case:
http://www.elektron.se/products/octatrack

They are coming, and my guess is sooner than later! Each week until release, Elektron will reveal some of the key features of the Octatrack. I gotta say, I can't wait to get my hands on one!

What do you think of the Flex, Static and Thru machines? Flex seems particularly appealing to me! The audio tracks seemed to demonstrate a bit of what it can do...

Any thoughts?
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
MDUW+MkII
MnM60MkII
OT
A4
Airbase99
JV1080
VirusTI2
Minibrute
Space
TimeFactor
Re:Octatrack's features revealed weekly... 13 Years, 7 Months ago
I just love how they decided not to do beats and loops...

I think it is a profound showing of just how diverse the Octa will be....

For sure it is going to be a game changer in the world of sampling, steering back towards hardware which I think is F///ing awesome.

Lars
Admin
i'm definitely intrigued by how their eeking out details, BUT i'm itching do get more.

- variable-looping (ping-pong): this will allow for waveform and long sweels
- pitch magagement

and others if course. waiting for next week now.
Hammer Bro
www.soundcloud.com/highsage
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
the demos on soundcloud remind me a lot of my old VP9000, but with one major fuggin' difference...the fidelity of the sampling/stretching is HANDS DOWN the best I've every heard!

I'm also left guess as to what the new sequencer will allow for that the current architecture does not. And whether we'll see this influence the MD-US's sequencer too?

I can't imagine a lot of the Octa's technology development won't make it into the MD-US...to include the incredible new FX's!

MachineDrum Ultimate Sampler FTW!

Oh, wait, right...back to the DPS-1. Game over. It's going to destroy earth.
Chain Chomp
MDUW/MD/MONO
SURROGATES on DVD now!
I like how the things i'm most interested in get glossed over in the description.

I want to know about the other machines! Gah!
Admin
I really enjoyed the demos. Started thinking about all the possibilities and pretty much decided on the spot Im getting one. I was going o get another mpc because i love its sequencer, but not now.I really hope the OT sequencer supports more than four bars. Yeah highsage, that stretching sounds supreme. Wow. Can't wait.
Game & Watch
I`m happy they retain the "machine" concept that for me is one of the elektron´s trademarks, but to be honest I´m not that impressed with the demos...excellent timestretching for sure but this isn´t a creative feature per se...I´m kinda dissapointed about the RAM thing...I believe they would use straight streaming from card instead...

And the grey knobs/buttons...I dunno...I think I preffer the all black original scheme...

Now I´m waiting to see more "creative" machines next week
Killer Beez
The home of Future BASF
http://soundcloud.com/ookpikk
HighSage wrote:

I can't imagine a lot of the Octa's technology development won't make it into the MD-US...to include the incredible new FX's!

MachineDrum Ultimate Sampler FTW!

Is there something you know that we don't?
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
i agree with anselmi generally disappointing demos, maybe next week then!!
btw I would discount that octatrack machines would find there way into the md, why would elektron want to port machines from a fresh to an old product??
Admin
Just to temper expectations, and I'm fully and good well be wrong here, but the OT was built from the ground up in order to deliver 'these forthcoming' sequencer functions. So I think there will be ommissions going from OT to MD.

staying tuned.
Go to top Post Reply