As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re: Upgraded SPS-1UW finally just arrived... WOW!!! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: Upgraded SPS-1UW finally just arrived... WOW!!!
Boo
Upgraded SPS-1UW finally just arrived... WOW!!! 18 Years, 9 Months ago
This thing is everything and more I could have asked for in a sampler. Being an experienced MPC2000 user, this thing KILLS the mpc in nearly every way (aside from the way samples are loaded, but whatever). The method for chopping loops and everything is incredible and very intuitive. It took over a month to get upgraded but was SO worth it. It's far better than I expected. Still a little buggy it seems (could partially be the learning curve as well)

Couple quick questions if anyone has some insight:

Setting the Decay to 127 is supposed to give the sample unlimited decay, which the manual says is to to loop sounds. It seems that this works to loop drum loops or longer samples, but it doesn't seem to loop short samples. Can anyone explain in detail the decay function and more specifically the unlimited decay setting?

I also noticed in some of the Demo songs that it has ram machines with loops on them saved, but I thought that the ram content was erased everytime you reset the machine, what am I missing?

Elektron, we need a better manual for this masterpiece!
  The topic has been locked.
Re: Upgraded SPS-1UW finally just arrived... WOW!!! 18 Years, 9 Months ago
I'm not certain, but if I remember correctly, the loops in the presets are recorded and then played back every time. so the RAM machines are set to record on a certain step and then their corresponding playback machines are set to play back on a certain step. if you mute the recording machines, you should be able to then go to the playback machines and mess with the static loop that was recorded (and the tweaks won't be re-recorded back into the RAM record machines).
  The topic has been locked.
Go to top Post Reply