As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re: turbomidi, shameless speculation (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: turbomidi, shameless speculation
Hammer Bro
Re: turbomidi, shameless speculation 18 Years, 9 Months ago
couldn't you tell from the sheer wit and brilliance of the post that it was me?
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
All your base are belong to us!
I chime in with Acidfever and glaive. It'll be a USB connector on the PC end, a black box and a pair of midi cables on the gear end. As far as I know only one pair of wires are used in a normal midi cable so they might have connected a few more pins to the board for auxiliary use. That would require special cables from the black box though, but who knows?
Killer Beez
maybe they can just use all 5 pins on the midi cable, instead of just the middle 3 - like DIN Sync cables. Its not impossible to either find or make a real 5 pin DIN cable. Most midi cables just have Ground, Midi + and midi -, thats just 3 pins used, the other 2 are not connected to anything at all! They are just there waiting for the next big thing I suppose.
I hope this "black box" has additional midi in and out for connecting to my midi patchbay (Midex 8) so I won't have to swap cables every time I want to download a sample. Allowing normal midi traffic over the USB connection would work as well I suppose, but then I would lose out on the LTB functionality of the Midex.
Go to top Post Reply