As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re: I have serious problems with my MD (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: I have serious problems with my MD
Goomba
I have serious problems with my MD 18 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi Im Oscar.
I have about 1 year and half with my MD, and almost all the time
I have used in studio, but I have experimented constat "Freezing" or glitchs, and its had happened since the beginning. The las week end I used for fist time my MD in live and the problem went worse that in studio, My MD left completely "freezing", I can user its when I begin in form of "Factory Reset", obviously i lost all.

I was thing to buy the Monomachine, but with this experince I dont belive. I want equipment in that trust.
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
Re: I have serious problems with my MD 18 Years, 9 Months ago
what OS are you running?

Power supply correct?

What other gear are you interfacing with?
Boo

Akufeno wrote:
Hi Im Oscar.
I have about 1 year and half with my MD, and almost all the time
I have used in studio, but I have experimented constat "Freezing" or glitchs, and its had happened since the beginning. The las week end I used for fist time my MD in live and the problem went worse that in studio, My MD left completely "freezing", I can user its when I begin in form of "Factory Reset", obviously i lost all.

I was thing to buy the Monomachine, but with this experince I dont belive. I want equipment in that trust.

What milkman said: Did you ever upgrade your MD? My Machinedrum has never crashes on me (yet) and i owned a normal MD and the new UW model.....

Also try and disconnect the midi input if it's connected, maybe the input is being flooded by midi messages of some sort.
Cappy
I bet you $10 that you do not have clean power. I used to have this problem all the time in my old house. I belive my MD would hang just about every time the fridge and heater went on at the same time. Needless to say it was beyond fustrating!!

I move and the problems went away! My new place I can get away with no power conditioner and can pump it all day all night long. :-P
Killer Beez
thats weird - since the supply on the MD is AC, which means there must be some serious rectifying and regulation in the box (anyone with one knows how warm it gets) and you'd think that would be pretty bomb proof.

However, bad power does do this to, for example - Alesis MMT8, so its not unheard of for gear to be succeptable to bad AC.

But, the first thing you gotta do is answer the first round of questions...
Hammer Bro
definitely sounds like a faulty hardware problem...have you spoken to support?
Goomba
Ok. I use OS 1.29, but the problem had been since OS 1.12. The power supply that I use is the itself of MD. other equipment that I ocupe is a MPC 4000, and with the imac. Probably it be problem of tha I dont have a clean power, but I have try MD out an others places, very distants from my house. I dont know exactly the problem.
Go to top Post Reply