As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re: Bad Bass on MnM? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: Bad Bass on MnM?
Re: Bad Bass on MnM? 18 Years, 10 Months ago

cchocjr wrote:
As promised...

pardon it's rough edges (particularly the ones that aren't SUPPOSED to be there).

cchocjr

Dirty MNM Demo

Love the bit that comes in at around 1:00.
  The topic has been locked.

milkmansnd wrote:
well, you can probably do that in multi trig mode with parameter locks. You can do anything with parameter locks if you spend a little time to tweak it out.
I think he's talking more about evolving parameter changes or changes that you'd want to do on a "global" song level versus a pattern level. such things can be done at the pattern level, for sure; but you suck up a lot of patterns that way. the Ableton/MnM combo will certainly work for what has been described; i.e. using Ableton to control only CC's while the MnM does all the note trig work. it is VERY nice working standalone with the MnM's sequencer, though (both pattern and song). and although small parameter changes may cause you to use a lot of patterns within a song, it's often worth it just to stick with the simplicity of one sequencer (and a tightly-integrated one, at that).
Goomba
So you mean playing around only with the MnM-sequencer, while it`s just (Midi-Clock)synced to Ableton, would be enough? That also could be a nice solution, if you make the changes by turning the knobs live, while HD-recording in Live(silly sentence). Anyway, after hearing the sound-examples I?m convinced to buy a SFX-60,as soon as possible. I guess, when I got it, I will find out, what is possible and what is not.
So, thanks for all ya information and sounds.

Peasn, toxictobi
Killer Beez
you'll have to trust those of us that have one here - many many things are possible. There is no real way to measure how deep you can get with this machine - it bonds to your workflow in a strange but amazing way. Its unlike anything else.

tobitobsen wrote:
So you mean playing around only with the MnM-sequencer, while it`s just (Midi-Clock)synced to Ableton, would be enough? That also could be a nice solution, if you make the changes by turning the knobs live
yes, both options work quite well. there's a lot to be said for the internal sequencer and there's a lot to be said for automating CC's externally as well. the combination - if you can keep your head in it - is quite something as well. either way, i'm willing to bet that if you love the sound samples online, you'll love the MnM. you'll more than likely fall in love with the sequencer, the radical nature of it, the sounds and the music that it inspires...
Goomba
So guys, that would be the very last post from me on this topic, cause I must always have the last word(haha).
Just wanna say, i can?t wait to get my microkorg sequenced by the MnM during my LiveAct. I?ll put some sweet note-lines, I already got on my laptop into MnM and then I can fuck up the Filters & Co. of the mK while it?s playing, of course with leaving the laptop @ home, cause I don?t like writing e-mails on stage.

L,P&H,
Toosick Tobe
Go to top Post Reply