As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re: MIDI Patch select. (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: MIDI Patch select.
Cappy
MIDI Patch select. 18 Years, 10 Months ago
I used to be able to select a remote patch on all my synths from the MnM, in real time... Now with the latest OS update that has changed.

I need a better grasp on how to sequence the rest of my gear from the MnM. How do I do the following:

1) Select a patch on a remote synth. I want to test out the patches in real time and stick with the one I like.

2) How do I make sure that the kit will load for the pattern. (Do I just set the first note to that patch# ?

3) Am I going about this the wrong way? How do you all sequence your external gear? How do you make absolutly sure that your patch on a remote synth loads? Do you do it by hand? (ICK)

Thanks
-M
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
Re: MIDI Patch select. 18 Years, 10 Months ago
I think you can just set a trigless trig - the green one, and parameter lock a program change on there.

Since I loaded the new OS, I have not used external gear with the MnM - can you not scroll through them anymore as a pattern plays? Thats too bad.

In the release notes, they did specifically mention repairing a program change bug - and I recall it being a bit buggy and not sending the changes 100% of the time. Perhaps someone else has more insight into this?
Cappy
Re: MIDI Patch select. 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Thanks for the quick responce. I'll give that a try.

-M
Go to top Post Reply