As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re: My UW examples (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: My UW examples
Re: My UW examples 18 Years, 10 Months ago

i edited a whole bunch of oneshot SUNSYN PWM sounds and strung them together in soundforge with short muted spaces between them. so for one ROM slot = twenty samples all available with parameter locked start & end points..

Damn ... that's a brilliant idea!! I get my SPS1-UW later today and Sound Forge 8 on Friday. Can't wait to start loading this thing up. I was originally thinking 32 slots means 32 samples, but depending on the length of the one-shots it could be many more.
Can you use lower sample frequencies to squeeze even more samples in or does the UW up-sample or something?
-grimley
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez

grimley wrote:
Can you use lower sample frequencies to squeeze even more samples in or does the UW up-sample or something?
-grimley

Yes you can. If I remember correctly 4-44.1 (or 48)khz. You can also do simple loop in a sample (very easy with the forge). I'm not 100% sure, but I remember having some problems with 32Khz samples (44, 22 and 11 worked fine for me). I should check this, but I'm away from MD couple of days more.
Hammer Bro
that's a good idea to fit more samples into the box...in my experience so far, it seems like the limiting factor is the number of slots, not the amount of rom. Kind of a shame, really.
Kong
mr. applehead
i dont think its a shame.. 32 is the right number
Killer Beez
my old akai X7000 was 12 bti 32k - sounded killer.
I noticed that these samples have a staticy (or maybe you could say grainy) sound to them. I seem to remember this happening in the NAMM demo of the UW when they added bit rate reduction.
Is that a bit rate reduction thing or do all UW samples get that grainy/staticy sound to them?
Or is it just me?
I noticed that these samples have a staticy (or maybe you could say grainy) sound to them. I seem to remember this happening in the NAMM demo of the UW when they added bit rate reduction.
Is that a bit rate reduction thing or do all UW samples get that grainy/staticy sound to them?
Or is it just me?
Killer Beez

Friend wrote:
Or is it just me?

From here I don't remember excatly what were going on when I made those. They have a little vinyl-noises in them (loaded to MD) and pretty dirty compressing going on. Samples you put in MD does not get grainy at all, you can have very hi-q samples there if you wish. Some of my samples are still pretty 'ghetto' on purpose.
Go to top Post Reply