As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re: sidstation latency? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: sidstation latency?
Hammer Bro
sidstation latency? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
just got a sidstation, and maybe I'm paranoid but it seems like it's having trouble being in sync with my machinedrum (which I am using to sequence it). I just had a simple 16ths hihat pattern going along with a midi machine bassline, and it sounded out of time, as if the sid was lagging. anybody have experience with this? I have the sid's hcut parameter at 0, all envelope attacks at 0 as well. any ideas?
  The topic has been locked.
Re: sidstation latency? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
hi, yeah this is a problem. it can be worked around with other types of sequencers.. but not so easily with the machinedrum. i used to use a rm1x and found that i had to sequence each note-on msg three ticks early in order to lock the sid to the sequence. this kind of resolution is not available on the MD sequencer. otherwise place the steps 1 step early with a hard-cut setting of around 12.. that should offset the ENV enough to make it sound like its *almost* in time.. i guarantee you wont be satisfied tho :-? sometimes the ENV fails to retrigger when using hard cut too.. i would like them to make an MD midimachine especially for the SID which compensates for the latency. but i dont think it will ever happen so yeah, buy another sequencer, or.. hit the piss int:
neonleg
Hammer Bro
ahh, so this is a known issue? that's too bad, I was looking forward to using the MD to sequence...oh well, I guess I'll just use some latency compensation in cubase instead...

by the way, I love the sid! it really has a life of its own. too bad about the lag....
Hammer Bro

or.. hit the piss int:
neonleg

WAY ahead of ya!!!!
well...at first I was a touch disappointed that I can't sequence the sid with my machinedrum, but once I got it locked in sync using a track delay offset in my sequencer, I forgot all about it...this thing sounds ridiculously cool....off to make some sounds :---)
Hammer Bro
that was me again.
Boo
Current \'gear\': Korg Legacy controller, Launchpad, Renoise.
does the midiboxSID project experience the same latency?
Killer Beez
I can't recall there being any latency on the sid midibox
Cappy
If it uses the SID chip is comes with the buggy ADSR that sometimes do not trigger exactly on spot. This can only be compensated with Hardcut (HCUT) that always delay the ADSR trig with a certain amount, making it more probable that it at least triggers predictably.

It's a well known behaviour of the SID chip. Love it or hate it, that's the way it is.
hey man....it might be a little late for this, but good f***ing job on the sidstation OS!!! You must be very proud.
Go to top Post Reply