As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re: note range on SFX-6 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: note range on SFX-6
Boo
Current \'gear\': Korg Legacy controller, Launchpad, Renoise.
note range on SFX-6 18 Years, 10 Months ago
is there a way to get a lower octave range on the sfx-6 keyboard?
there is a full two octaves inaccessible from attached keyboard. plugging in a different midi controller actually yeilds a wider note range. the biggest peoblem is the SID machine doesn't go low enough for certain basslines unless i use a different midi controller. this is unfortunate, as it seems that using a sfx-60 + midi controller may be more useful.
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
Re: note range on SFX-6 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Set transpose to -12 or -24 and they keyboard on sfx-6 will go as down as you want.
Boo
Current \'gear\': Korg Legacy controller, Launchpad, Renoise.
got it to work. thanks!

after transposing, now the LED note indicator is also transposed, so it doesn't match what is being played on the keyboard (which is amazing for just about every application except this one). Obviously this doesn't have any musical implication...

it is slightly inconvenient for live/improvised setups, as well as controlling external midi gear. for such an expensive synth, you would think that you wouldn't have to figure out workarounds for stuff like this. :/

it seems to me that all elektron would really need is to enable the SFX-6 keyboard transpose for at least one more octave (to at least match the 1-16 note trigger range) and have the red LED blink to indicate the octave lower than -2.

i guess a feature request is in order?

in any case, i still love having the sfx-6.
Killer Beez

it seems to me that all elektron would really need is to enable the SFX-6 keyboard transpose for at least one more octave (to at least match the 1-16 note trigger range) and have the red LED blink to indicate the octave lower than -2.

i guess a feature request is in order?

Good feature request. Mail it to support@elektron.se
Go to top Post Reply