As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re: Mono Advanced Sequencing (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: Mono Advanced Sequencing
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Mono Advanced Sequencing 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Hi everybody -

I'm puzzling out how to use the Amp, Filter, and LFO trigs individually. Maybe I'm not doing something right, because Filter and LFO don't seem to be working correctly.

Here's a picture similar to what I have programmed:
TRIG 1 2 3 4
AMP x
FIL x
LFO x

The AMP gate opens on step one, and I hear sound. However, neither FIL nor LFO seem to open on steps 2 and 3. If I tweak depth on LFO1, I hear the LFO for the whole pattern, not just trigged on step 3, same goes for filter on step 2.

Can someone enlighten me about this? I've got pitch working with trigless trigs, but I'd like to get these kinds of trigs sorted out, too.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Re: Mono Advanced Sequencing 18 Years, 10 Months ago
i spent some time working on this last night and got the same results as you did. i read the manual like (49-50) like 3 times and....ummm....nada.

anyone else?
Killer Beez
I've done some sequencing with different trigs and I could help, but I'm not getting your picture! :-o I'm not understanding what are you programming. If you put trigs on normal mode, they always trig amp, flt ja lfo. So if you wrote normal trigs, you could first try take for example flt and lfo trigs off from it. When using different trig modes, red led indicates trig and green indicates no-trig. You may already know this, depence what your cryptic picture means... :-D
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Right. What I'm trying to say with the picture is that the not-normal trigs don't seem to be working they way the manual indicates. So, for example, AMP on step 1 trigs the note on, but LFO on step 3 doesn't trig the LFO.
Admin

glaive wrote:
Right. What I'm trying to say with the picture is that the not-normal trigs don't seem to be working they way the manual indicates. So, for example, AMP on step 1 trigs the note on, but LFO on step 3 doesn't trig the LFO.

i was hanging out with Scott when we encountered this last night. we both looked at the manual and kept hacking out the 'why', it shoulds, and maybe....

anyway, it irked me that we couldn't figure it out...so i messed with it more last night. i'm definitely not getting the results that are implicated in the manual on pages 49-50.

peace
a

(we're talking about the individual TRIGS: Arp, Filter, Lfo by themselves, not TRIGS set to 'ALL')
Killer Beez

glaive wrote:

I don't have manual here nor the mono (I'm away from home), but do you have the lfo set on the trig-mode (or half, one)? Everytime I've used this I remember that I have used the parameter locks too. So I guess I've just set the lfo to trig mode (while without parameter lock it's something like free). I don't if this helps at all, but I've surely done some sequencing with messing around with individual trigs. (when you start to use slide also, things can get complicated. "It sounds great, but why is it doing that...?".)

ps. forgot to mention. When you got the lfo trigged (propably with parameter locks), it's cool to copy to trig (press pad + copy) and try to paste it around (pad + paste). Makes very fast way trying different trig-situations. When found useable slots, finetune it by adjusting the parameter locks.
aight, I just walked Glaive through this (trying it the first time myself, actually; after two years of owning the MnM!) so hopefully it makes sense here... try this example:

1) start a new pattern of sixteen steps
2) on step one...place a normal trig of a note w/DEC=127
3) on step four...trig the filter and set it to do something wild like set BOFS to 32 or something so you hear it being trigged
4) on step nine...set LFO w/a lock of DPTH=40, a fast speed and set it to mod something you'll notice (like filter wdth)

it's pretty obvious then that it's working. maybe its just with certain settings it's hard to tell the difference. especially if the individual seq tracks don't have locks, they just open the filter again or reset the LFO.

OK. now get to work! this machine is amazing! never fails to surprise me!
Admin
thanks chiasticon! (man with many names...most of all of them i misspell) :-D
Go to top Post Reply