As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re: Movable shelf for MM/MD? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: Movable shelf for MM/MD?
Killer Beez
Re: Movable shelf for MM/MD? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
man, it would be awesome to have like bluetooth audio and midi or something - like a wireless interface for each synth - then all you would have to worry about is power, but it would save so much hassle for us that need to rearrange our tiny spaces every other day!
  The topic has been locked.
This is more along the lines of what I'm thinking. In fact, this might be it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51049&item=5213825053&rd=1
Killer Beez
kinda pricey, but I suppose that will do the job - how do you plan to mount the mono to the arm? Are you going to use the pre drilled holes on the sides for the rack ears?

milkmansnd wrote:
kinda pricey, but I suppose that will do the job - how do you plan to mount the mono to the arm? Are you going to use the pre drilled holes on the sides for the rack ears?

Yeah, I'm picturing a sheet metal bracket that goes under the MM and bends up around the right and left sides to connect into the rack holes. Then drill and tap the back of the bracket to take the monitor connection holes. I will want the bracket to be a quick-disconnect kind of thing so I can still take the MM away easily.
Killer Beez
then you can modify it to be something that attatches to a belt - like those camera holders that news people use outside of a courthouse. That way you can take the shelf with you wherever you go! And you can put a generator somewhere on your body to power the thing - I think it takes like 2 amps though - better run fast!
Boo
i have an ironing board mounted to the top of a quik-lok stand. it seems to do the trick

as seen here
Go to top Post Reply