As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re: Do not use 1.29c for SPS-1 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: Do not use 1.29c for SPS-1
Killer Beez
Do not use 1.29c for SPS-1 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Greetings elektrons,

Just found out this from elektron website (concerns 1.29c):

-------------------------------------------------------
- General -
The SPS-1 could boot believing it was an SPS-1UW and by initiating sample memory remove the bootstrap which can only be restored by factory service.

This affected all versions of OS 1.29, so please upgrade to this one if you are using SPS-1!!!
-------------------------------------------------------

There is a new OS (1.29d), where this is corrected, available from elektron website. This might not be a big issue; does not happen to all, but I figured I could save someones headache by posting this.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Re: Do not use 1.29c for SPS-1 18 Years, 10 Months ago
I have removed 1.29c and replaced it with 1.29d. I'll make a news note, too.
Yoshi
not a big issue h?? "can only be restored by factory service" sounds pretty serious to me! thanks for the warning
Killer Beez

divi wrote:
not a big issue h?? "can only be restored by factory service" sounds pretty serious to me! thanks for the warning

I kind of ment that this probably doesn't happen to all SPS-1's, otherwise 'the elektron-users.com boat' would be sinking with angry threads. Also Elektron themselves didn't underline this, obviously because it does it in some rare situations. So I guess no need to react too threathed.
wheeeeeeeew, no problem for me...yikes, that's scary though...
King Koopa
Damn scary, losing a bootstrap is not ok Then the MD is unable to do anything. Glad i have an UW instead of the normal sps-1 :-D
Go to top Post Reply