As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re: Sequencing instruments from the MD: how should I do that ? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: Sequencing instruments from the MD: how should I do that ?
Goomba
Sequencing instruments from the MD: how should I do that ? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
A while ago I read a remark somewhere from someone (don't remember where though) that suggested to just sequence your synths and other midi stuff from the Machinedrum, instead of sequencing everything in Cubase or Logic or another computer based application.

Question: how do you do that ? Might be a stupid question, but I'm only used to sequencing with my Cubase SX application on the PC. Don't understand what sequencing from the MD really means.

Could anyone please explain this to me ? How should I do it?

Thanks,

Jord
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Re: Sequencing instruments from the MD: how should I do that ? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
OK it's quite simple. The other devices are controlled through midi. To get a track to play specific midi information.,Get to the kit edit screen and add a midi machine were the number is the midi channel. After that you can use the midimachine track to enter midi notes and other parameters. Please read the manual for more info...
Goomba
Re: Sequencing instruments from the MD: how should I do that ? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
thanks for your reply. I'l try that and I'll check the manual. Just one more question: is recording midi events from my synths into the MD also that simple ? For example just a note-on or off message.

Jord/ SL VR
King Koopa
Dunno if that's possible, i haven't tried it. I reckon you can only enter midi notes from the MD. Also don't expect to replace the sequencing from cubase. Becuase of the maximum of 32 steps sequencing midi synths is not ideaal from the MD.
unfortunately it cant be done. that would be a great feature tho
King Koopa
note off and on's are possible this is determined by the step length param on the synth page. This step length gives a much finer resolution than a note on and a note off on as trigs in the track.... So when the note is trgged it sends a note off and after the predefined step lenght it sends an off...

Although playing notes through a midi keyboard in the MD is not... Should be possible with the mono though.(or was that internal tracks only?)

:-D
long story short, just use Cubase as a master and sync the MD to it...works for me, although it seems others have problems with it.
King Koopa
Errmm, maybe your a little bit off in this topic mr snug :-D

He want's to sequence his devices from the MD.
Go to top Post Reply