As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re: my sps-1uw has a minor build defect, what do I do? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: my sps-1uw has a minor build defect, what do I do?
Re: my sps-1uw has a minor build defect, what do I do? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Well I got my UW back from upgrade last week and the screen was covered with scratches, the audio L and R main outputs were loose and WORSE the A and G knobs were both jammed down, they wont press down. I was pretty upset.

However, Daniel and Dave from their UK upgrade point have both been very helpful in getting it fixed. It means I'll probably be without it for another 2 weeks though (It took around a month to get it back in the first place) - killer. I have recently realised how much I miss it.

I did get to play with it, mess around with samples and loops and I gotta say, WOW, it is a creation tool. Inspiring and fast to mess with.

Simon.
Dublin.
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
I would be very surprised if anyone received a brand new display cover glass covered with scratches. Please do as another poster discovered - check if there is a protective plastic cover film attached to the glass (which there probably is). That one is most probably covered with scratches. They will magically be removed at the same time as the plastic film is removed.

No new warranty is issued to the machine with the upgrade, but there is a 3 month warranty for the upgrade (the new CPU board). But if something is not working you would find that out pretty quickly.

Daniel, Elektron
King Koopa
Daniel, Im curious what does the UW upgrade mean for the MD? I own the MD-UW myself, and i'm a techy and i was wondering what for new elektronics are in the UW.

Does it require a new Cpu and stuff or just 2mb extra flash?
Cappy
What is the UW upgrade? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
We exchange the full CPU/DSP-board. You get: 1 new CPU, 2 new DSP's plus memory systems. The difference between this one and the old is that the flash memory is extended and that DSP2 has two extra DSP-chips. There are also a number of other improvements, but these are the major things.

So while some people may have figured the upgrade expensive we essentially exchange the whole "computer" inside the Machinedrum. Plus the cosmetical things of course.

Daniel

PS. Anyone enjoyed the new black UW-box or the new stickers included?

MokBor wrote:
Daniel, Im curious what does the UW upgrade mean for the MD? I own the MD-UW myself, and i'm a techy and i was wondering what for new elektronics are in the UW.

Boo
Re: What is the UW upgrade? 18 Years, 10 Months ago

daniel wrote:
We exchange the full CPU/DSP-board. You get: 1 new CPU, 2 new DSP's plus memory systems. The difference between this one and the old is that the flash memory is extended and that DSP2 has two extra DSP-chips. There are also a number of other improvements, but these are the major things.

So while some people may have figured the upgrade expensive we essentially exchange the whole "computer" inside the Machinedrum. Plus the cosmetical things of course.

Daniel

PS. Anyone enjoyed the new black UW-box or the new stickers included?

MokBor wrote:

Well let's say i got some things tagged with Elektron stickers over here......and also i sometimes try to pimp around in my Elektron shirt.... Even if only i know what it means....it's cool! :-D
King Koopa
Hehe me too, i did both last gigs in my UW shirt. And i coverd my MD case with nice stickers Thanks for the info daniel. It was a massive upgrade then. I'm happy with mine!!!

daniel wroteS. Anyone enjoyed the new black UW-box or the new stickers included?
love the shirt (even if it is too tight!). love the stickers. love the new faceplate (despite popular opinion). BUT I like the old box a bit better. HOWEVER, I like that the new box says "From Sweden, With Love" when you open the flap. :-D
In update to my post at the top of this page, my defect UW upgrade did not have scratches on the screen - the other defects still remain though. I was informed that the screen protector was indeed there, I just failed to see it. So, if you see scratches on your screen make sure to test if there's a plastic screen protector there.

Simon.
Go to top Post Reply