As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re: MONOMACHINE FROZEN!!!! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: MONOMACHINE FROZEN!!!!
Killer Beez
MONOMACHINE FROZEN!!!! 18 Years, 10 Months ago
What do I do?!?!?!

I was in song mode and the thing froze up - now when I restart it its frozen still. I am gonna try and put the new OS on there again.

Shit - this is not good timing at all - I need to prepare for a show and the monomachine is full of all the music I just prepared and I have not even backed up yet.

Crap!

Someone tell me this has happened to you and that theres an easy fix...
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Re: MONOMACHINE FROZEN!!!! 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Hold function on bootup and do soft reset. That should be harmless and could solve the problem.

You can also enter test mode from the early startup menu you get to with Function. That will test to see if there's anything wrong with the hardware.

Daniel
Killer Beez
ok - I will try this - I am in the middle of reloading the OS :-P

but If this does not work then I will do your way - since you obviously know what you are doing!
King Koopa
hey this happened to me once too, in song mode. soft reset helped, but i was scared as hell at first.
Killer Beez
ok - she works again - reloading the OS did nothing - the soft reset saved the day!

However - my monomachine will crash because of the following - it did it twice more before I realized never to do this again:

Song sequence >edit > put 2 patterns in > at "END" switch to loop > move cursor to the infinity symbol > and thats the last thing you're gonna do until you reset the box.

Wow, I found 2 bugs in one day! That makes me feel like I am putting these boxes to work :-P
I had the same bug and submitted it to Elektron in May.
It's just a little different then how Milkmansnd triggered this particular bug.
Here's a quote from the Email I sent explaining how I found it.

Dear Elektron,
here is a bug that I came across. While in song mode in the pattern column, if you decide to use the "LOOP:" feature and the word "LOOP:" is inverted/selected and you press "Enter/Yes", the MonoMachine freezes. Now, if you turn off and then turn on the MonoMachine it goes through the normal OS boot-up but once it's done loading the screen is blank and nothing works. The only solution to get the MonoMachine working again is to do a "Soft Reset".
Killer Beez
yup - thats the same thing! Must be some loose code in that section of the OS - the point is, when in song mode - make sure you are backed up and ready for a potential crash. Also - DONT EDIT SONGS LIVE! Otherwise you will have to reboot the mono during a set - I have a feeling they will take care of this with the next OS release if we make a big stink about it here.
Hey Milkmansnd,
good luck at the show.
Oh yeah, I like the new track "fatty_6_27_05" it has a really good feel to it.
Killer Beez
thanks! it will defintitely be part of my set - especially since I learned so much about what NOT to do with the monomachine live with this tune
Go to top Post Reply