As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re: US UW upgrade (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: US UW upgrade
aom
Cappy
US UW upgrade 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Hi everyone,

I'm in Canada and have paid for my UW upgrade, and am currently waiting for Elektron to authorize an encoder repair during the upgrade . . .

In the meantime, has anyone had their unit upgraded from the US service centre yet? Any feedback on turnaround times, etc?

Thanks,
ao.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Re: US UW upgrade 18 Years, 10 Months ago
I read on the mailing list that some people didn't get the confirmation yet. Also i noticed that there are a lot of complaints about the service centre in the US(on the mailing list). But let's assume that the people who got it back didn't respond like the people who complain. So i don't want to use it as an indication of the service level.

Have you mailed them already?
aom
Cappy
Haven't even sent my MD in yet, still waiting to get a repair authorized for the same time.

Just don't wanna be w/o my MD for too long, as I have a gig at the end of next month. I know they estimate two weeks to a month for the upgrade, but from what I've been reading, some people are waiting a few weeks just to get the confirmation emails . . .
Goomba

aom wrote:
as I have a gig at the end of next month. . . .

I wouldn't send it off then...wait until after the gig. Besides, I'm sure you'll want to spend more time programming your set as the gig approaches...not the ideal time to learn new tricks. As much as I want the UW upgrade, I don't think it will affect the quality of your performance from the audience's perspective to that great of an extent after having only a couple weeks to practice with the UW features. Just a thought...from experience -
aom
Cappy
^^^Yeah, I may end up holding off. However, I've already paid for the upgrade, do you think Elektron will mind me holding off for another month? They're so busy right now, they might not mind; will have to ask . . .
Goomba
I'd say they've got their $$, so whenever you can part with it depends on you. Either way, I'm still jealous!
Go to top Post Reply