As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:MD erratic & slow since OS update (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:MD erratic & slow since OS update
MD erratic & slow since OS update 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Hi,

My MD has got strange behaviour since I did the OS 1.63 update. Before (with the 1.53b OS), everything was OK. Now, the jog is very slow going from one track to another, the MD even stops during sampling, etc.

Did someone already has this type of problem ? Should I get back ton an older OS ? I have to precise that I don't have the +drive extension (the OS 1.63 instructions talks about the + drive, but I don't know if there is a relation, unless this OS is reserved to MD with +drive ?).

Do you know where can I find old OS for the MD ?

Cheers
  The topic has been locked.
Re:MD erratic & slow since OS update 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Hem, after a soft reset, everything came back to normality... Maybe was it because I tried to sample a long sound just after the update.
Hem again : now I can't use no more the sampling machines. ram R & ram P are deads... I even can't ear the sound I try to sample from another machine...
News from the outer-world: it's going more and more strange now. When I switch off the MD, then reboot it, sometimes I can sample and use the ram r & p. Then, suddenly, it doesn't work no more. Or, sometimes the samples go from one track to another (a sort of temporary autonomous zone in my MD...). Or, sometimes I can ear the sound cued, and sometimes not.

Did someone ever had such strange problems? Would it be the battery ? I never changed it. Really, I don't understand nothing... :-[
Chain Chomp
this sounds like quite similar issues as I had with my MDUW+ when it was quite new.
It had a super-laggy UI a couple of times, required a factory reset to get rid of, and I could swear that the RAM machines did not process any inputs a few times, but maybe this was user error.

Can't really help you with this, as I haven't seen these problems ever since.
But I have a hunch that it might have something to do with the Input triggers..
Go to top Post Reply