As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:A4 playing chords (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:A4 playing chords
Goomba
A4 playing chords 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Thinking of getting one of these, can I already play chords? Or do I need to program 3 sequencer lines individually and transpose individual notes into the right scale?

I understood polyphony was a future featurel, but has this been implemented yet?
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Re:A4 playing chords 10 Years, 7 Months ago
No not implemented yet, to be honest though if you want a poly synth look elsewhere, the A4 strengths lie in its per step manipulation of 4 2 oscillator monosynth tracks, you can have like 5ths, 7ths etc by detuning and the sub osc has 5th and octave settings, so you can fake chords, kind of. In answer to your question though, yes you can load the same sound to each track and make chords that way, I'm sure there are plenty of software solutions for dispatching midi notes to different channels, if you are a hardware only guy you can use a dvice such as the mutable instruments midipal to do it.
Game & Watch
as Daren said the A4 is tricky to be used polyphonically...I tried the MIDIPal way and although it technically works I don´t found the results good enough to worth it and preffer to use my Nord Lead 2x instead

As most Elektron machines the interaction between the sound engine and the sequencer is key to get the best out of them
Goomba
Yes, and i've got. Prophet08 desktop, a minitaur, a slim phatty, a voyager rack , an acidlab miami, a TT303 and a Jomox Mbase-11
This all controlled by the Mighty Cirklon, and synced via an Innerclock pro to my Cubase DAW
I'm afraid the a4 will just a another (x4) monosynth, with a sequencer iwon't use
Think ill go for the nordrack4 instead
Goomba
it works pretty well though.

ocs1 & subosc fifth
ocs2 + 4 semitones

it gives you a decent sounding chord.
Game & Watch
Raphie wrote:
Yes, and i've got. Prophet08 desktop, a minitaur, a slim phatty, a voyager rack , an acidlab miami, a TT303 and a Jomox Mbase-11
This all controlled by the Mighty Cirklon, and synced via an Innerclock pro to my Cubase DAW
I'm afraid the a4 will just a another (x4) monosynth, with a sequencer iwon't use
Think ill go for the nordrack4 instead

for your rig I can imagine you like the moog sound...full-sounding synths with heavy low end and creamy filters

well, from this point of view you could hate or love the A4 since it sounds nothing like the other analogs you have

it´s defined, with heavy mid-lows but not the smooth filter response of your Moogs and company
Go to top Post Reply