As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Bass Lines On The MD UW ... (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Bass Lines On The MD UW ...
Re:Bass Lines On The MD UW ... 10 Years, 6 Months ago
dubathonic wrote:
totally doable. my current favorite approach is to use single-cycle waves,.

Hey Dubathonic - (or others)
I haven't been using single cycle waves yet, but I wanna try that. Is there some preferrable software to "cut out" the single cycle waves from a large chunk of audio?
Or would you just use whatever kind of DAW you have.
Peace.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
@Bonde - I've used Audacity and Ableton -- both work fine (and I suspect other DAWs would as well).

If you don't want to chop them up yourself, Adventure Kid has a huge collection of them available for free download, ready to use.

When you load them up using C6, don't forget to tick the little box that says you want the samples to cycle.
Game & Watch
Another one to consider is Wavosaur (free) for slicing.
ok. thanks a lot Dubathonic and Veets
King Koopa
MD SPS-1UW+
Analog FOUR
Renoise 2.8

http://soundcloud.com/doktor-fibonacci
For single cycle samples, any tracker software is great for auditioning them, or creating them. Since you can actually see the wave shape, you start to get a handle on what the waves will sound like, by their appearance. You'll know what distortion looks like, what noise looks like etc...

I use Renoise, it's not free, but one of the best. If you want a free tracker, you can download Milky Tracker. Milky tracker has the ability for you to actually draw your own samples, and edit existing samples.

Regards,

M.
Cappy
TrondC wrote:
TRX-2 bassdrum, pitch up to audible range, turn up the distortion (the synth parameter, not the one on the fx page) increase resoncance and turn down the filter. Add some LFO action set to TRIG and route it to the filter. Voila, you now have a beefy and versatile bass sound to play with.

Also, any machine with a retrig-option is gold. Like Void says it gives off some weird and rubbery bass sounds, although you have a slightly smaller frequency range to work with. I for one LOVE the bass coming from the MD, it's on par with many bass sounds on both the Monomachine and A4.

Great tip right here cheers man!!Spent the afternoon mangling some crazy morphing basslines with p/locks here hehe!Good looking ;]
-Chris
Go to top Post Reply