As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Headphone Problem Persists (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Headphone Problem Persists
AUX
Boo
non stop
Re:Headphone Problem Persists 10 Years, 6 Months ago
More annoying than repeated posts...
  The topic has been locked.
I sent a follow up to my support ticket to see if fault is a known issue for Elektron. It would be nice if they figured out what was going wrong and then definitively fixed it. If anyone else is having trouble, please do report it so they know it's widespread enough to get attention.
Admin
GeneralBigBag wrote:
I had the OT headphone problem once, one channel was basically not there.

I accidentally fixed it by sending a really hot signal through the AB inputs while monitoring them at full gain - it's like I unblocked the DAC or something

you are either very wise, or just really natural.
Goomba
My OT is on it's way back from Elektron - had the same headphone issue (bought mine secondhand and found the problem the next day)
the fix report says - Audio cable connector re-soldered.

hopefully that fixes it.
MSB
Cappy
For what it's worth, my OT had to go back to Elektron too, support was very good, tried everything first, contact cleaner etc. And running it in demo mode with no card in (which did work) seemed to cause problems when the card was being used. All fixed now. They also replaced a couple of loose encoders for me.
Goomba
i have the exact same problem as everyone here: output crackles & then drops out on the right headphone channel. the only fix is to temporarily crank the output level to max (and turn down the headphone levels first so you don't deafen yourself).

after you return the levels back to normal, however, it will only be a matter of minutes before the problem returns. If you are playing quieter material the problem will come back sooner than if you are playing something loud.

only the headphone output is affected. The main outputs are fine.

before i send my Octatrack back to Elektron, i want to be sure that they have a definite fix for this. seeing as so many Octatrack users have this identical issue you would think that Elektron would have the source of this problem nailed down by now, but i am seeing a number of different responses here in this thread (logic board replaced, headphone jack re-soldered, etc.) it would be nice if Elektron posted an official response to this either on their site or here on this forum.
Chain Chomp
Yeah, they told me it was a rare problem. Not so rare perhaps. Time to get it fixed.
Go to top Post Reply